Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2015 Topps set in mini form on sale at Topps only in set form.

I just received an email that the 2015 Topps set is available in mini form as a set.

The set comes with a 10 card subset in the 1975 Mini style...cool I am in for that subset.

Carlos Correa

Byron Buxton

Addison Russell

Francisco Lindor

Noah Syndergaard

Kris Bryant

Mike Trout

Bryce Harper

Clayton Kershaw

Jake Arrieta

It also has 11 parallel cards #rd to 10 or less per box.

There should only be about 640 sets made.

Topps

Cardboard connection checklist

Comments

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you get the 640 sets number? The Topps web site just says less than 1,000. Sounds like it might be worth picking up - I'm a sucker for minis.
    Daniel
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Ya, I am a sucker for minis too.

I boought 2 sets one to open and one to keep.

I am guessing at the number.

700 cards in the set so if each one has a paralllel card #rd to 10 or less. That makes 7000 cards divided by the 11 per box leaves about 640 sets.

Hopefully my reading comprehension and math is good.

I just turned 60 and sometimes I have my doubts. image

Joe
  • Options
    I guess my reading comprehension needs work ha ha ha

Collectors can find 11 parallels, numbered to ten or less, in each set. Options include Black (#/10), Red (#/5) and Gold (1/1)

16*700 11200

1000 sets

Joe

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I like minis...and I'm a sucker for Kershaw cards in old designs. Added bonus that the 10 card 75 set is a nice checklist. I got 2 also. 1 to rip and 1 to keep. Fingers crossed I get a good parallel in the box I choose to open.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Sucker for minis too. Purchased 3. Will rip 2 and keep 1 as sealed. Hoping for a Correa or Bryant parallel card.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of a Readers Write letter in a mid 90s Beckett wondering (which of course turned out to be a 1975 Topps mini card) if there was such a thing as a card shrinking, to which they replied that it's possible if you washed it and put it in a dryer on high heat! image Maybe that's what they did with these sets too image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    I'm still sitting on the fence. Wish I knew how many they had left. Am I reading it correctly?: 700 cards in the set plus each box gets the 10 mini cards and 11 random parallel cards? What's the consensus of making money breaking boxes of these?
    Daniel
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    I can place 703 sets in my shopping cart and everything is fine. 704 or more it states not available.
  • Options
    Thanks, Doc! I forgot people can do that to find out.
    Daniel
  • Options
    jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    In for a couple. Thanks for the heads up. To this day I still rip a couple 2012 topps mini boxes per month so I appreciate them going the set route.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought 2 sets.

Robb
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BaltimoreYankee

I'm still sitting on the fence. Wish I knew how many they had left. Am I reading it correctly?: 700 cards in the set plus each box gets the 10 mini cards and 11 random parallel cards? What's the consensus of making money breaking boxes of these?

Not sure if they are a money maker but it sure seems like a good value.

If you sell the 11 Parallel cards at an average of $5 a piece.

That is most of the cost right there.

If you pull a Correa or Bryant $$$

I think there will be quite a few base cards #rd to 10 or less that will sell well.

I am always looking for Bryce Harper cards.

Good Luck,

Joe

• Options
    Just got word that my sets will arrive on Monday.

I'll break one and post results here.

Outside of the 75 10-card set and the parallels, which base cards should I be looking to pull?

Thanks

Jim
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 08HALA20

I think there will be quite a few base cards #rd to 10 or less that will sell well.

Good Luck,

Joe

Just Bryant... Correa is not in the set... for reasons I don't understand, since he's a Topps Exclusive, he didn't make the cut in Series 1 or Series 2, so he's not in this set, or the Topps Limited set that just came out.

At least the put him in the mini-75 set!

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: 08HALA20

Good Luck,

Joe

According to Burbank these sets can be turned into about 2k each

• Options
    I've decided to go for it and purchase 2 sets but for the past few days, the Topps web site says it's down for maintenance 'for a few hours'.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Originally posted by: vintagefun

Just got word that my sets will arrive on Monday.

I'll break one and post results here.

Outside of the 75 10-card set and the parallels, which base cards should I be looking to pull?

Thanks

Jim

I just checked mine and not scheduled til Saturday 28th... Mine are coming via smartpost. image

Thanks for the info Eric, I can not believe Correa is not in the set. At least he is in the 75 Mini version.

Joe

• Options
    I'm in - just ordered 2 sets.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    665 Sets left. I want to buy some but feel that they are a little high at $100 a set with no autos. I love the minis. Are there any good rookeis in other than Harper. I wish it included the updates as well then I would be all in.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Received my 3 sets today. Just opened one. The 10 card parallel subset and the 1975 Mini style cards are awesome, but condition sensitive. No major hits on the parallel cards.
  • Options
    Kris Bryant 1/1 is gone

$$$
  • Options
    I just received my sets today.

After sorting the set into teams I came out with almost 100 dupes and 19 of 30 team sets were short cards. Unbelievable...

I sent them back to Topps.

Here are the 11 parallel cards I found.

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimage

• Options
    100 dupes? 19 incomplete teams? Is that for real? Hoping that's an outlier and not the norm...unless of course I get a dozen Bryants.

I thought mine were do yesterday, but upon further review, it said Monday 30th...Damn.
  • Options
    Ya I was shocked.

I had like 40--45 each of Atlanta and San Fran. only about a dozen Cubs and KC. There was one Bryant and two Harpers.

I couldn't believe it.

I wish I took pictures of the box before I sent it back. There was 3 bumps in the lid on three sides the size of a card.

When I saw this I checked the other set out and the box was perfectly smooth all around.

I am thinking it might have been jammed when packed, I have no idea how these are boxed up.

Joe
  • Options
    Just cracked 1 out of the 3 purchased. Haven't sorted but at least 3 dupes as they were back to back. Some decent parallels, but I think it may be best to return the set and the other 2 unopened for a refund. Seems like this may be a folklore set down the line based on how hard to get complete.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    How are these collated? In number order or randomly? I thought these were being sold as factory sets.
    Steve
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm reading the same thing on other boards - incomplete sets and LOTS of dupes.

Hopefully Topps will make this right, but given their history of cruddy CS I can see them offering a certified Danny Heep sticker auto as compensation.
  • Options
    What happens to the returned stock? What will the final numbers be? Once opened how do they know they're getting back the same parallels? All bad.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: slum22

How are these collated? In number order or randomly? I thought these were being sold as factory sets.

I opened one set and they were not in number order.

The minis and the parallels were at the end to the right when the box was open.

Maybe they will have a %75 off sale soon "as is" just to get rid of them.

Joe
  • Options
    I thought it was a factory set, I guess it's just a vending box of cards. Does it say complete set on the box?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Nascar360

I thought it was a factory set, I guess it's just a vending box of cards. Does it say complete set on the box?

Yes it says complete set.

Joe
  • Options
    Ripped 1 of 2 sets. Got 2 doubles and was missing 1 card...#7.

7 Black /10s...no stars, all chipped borders.

4 Red /5s...Goldschmidt and Cabrera.

75s were all super sharp.

• Options
    Topps is having a Cyber Monday sale on these today: $75. Between that and the stories above, I'm kind of wishing I didn't buy my two sets at $100 each. (Although if I didn't, I'd probably grab a few at $75).
    Daniel
  • Options
    So...I just went and looked at a Series 1 Checklist to see who Card #7 is, as that was the only card missing from my set...It doesn't look like there is a Card #7.

Can anyone confirm that?

If so, I did indeed get the whole set. I was wondering why they said 700 cards, when the Checklist goes to 701...but NO #7 would answer that right quick.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topps hasn't issued a #7 card in their main baseball sets for years now.
  • Options
    I think I heard a while ago that they retired card #7 for Mickey Mantle. Does that sound familiar to anyone?
    Daniel
  • Options
    Yes, No card #7.
  • Options
    Got my two sets today. One box looked mint but the other box has a crease on the top. I opened one set and, like the others, there are some dupes. I did not sort the cards but the dupes (at least 5) appeared back to back. What is the process for returning? Does Topps pick up the return shipping or reimburse fully for the shipping from the factory?
    Daniel
  • Options
    Update on my set: I sorted it and it is not missing any cards. It did contain 5 dupes.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Similar update to BaltimoreYankee. After sorting the set I found 4 dupes but nothing missing. Parallel hits were 1/10 #1 Jeter and 1/5 Daniel Norris rookie. Next time will sort first then post.
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    Sorted one set all cards included, no duplicates.

Waiting on a second set
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Down to $70 plus they added 2015 Topps Limited for $70---anything to that set?
  • Options
    Now that's a good price on the 2015 Mini. Looks like 325 sets left.

I had the same question on the Limited. Is it worth $70?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DoctorK
    Down to $70 plus they added 2015 Topps Limited for $70---anything to that set?

I think it's just a glossy regular set on thicker cardboard
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Took weeks to receive... and very disappointed with this product... total money waster! Yeah, I'm picky... I grade my cards... and expect brand new product to be pretty good. Ordered 3 sets... and could not believe how terribly off center most of the cards were. The chipping on the edges and corners was horrible. On the bonus 75 sets, 2 were off-center and 1 set was perfectly centered... but like the base cards, lots of chipping on the edges and corners. I mostly purchased to pull the Harper's, Trout's, Jeter's, Kang's, Baez's, Soler's & Bryant's... out of 3 sets, I found 2 gradeable cards (1 trout, 1 harper). If you're buying because you like the mini's... I'd recommend never opening it and hoping it finds value in the future... otherwise, spend your money on something else!!!
  • Options
    I'm admittedly in the same exact same camp as you. Bought three sets (at $100 each no less), figured I could recoup most of the cost through grading and/or selling the parallels. But no... I doubt that any of the parallels I pulled would grade better than a 7.

I'm not sure what was more irritating -- getting the crappy sets in the first place or having them drop the price 30% just two weeks later...

Oh well... live and learn...
  • Options
    I opened both of my sets and recouped the money selling 4 parallels on eBay: Got an astounding $141 for Jeter, $43 for Kershaw, $18 for Beckett and $9 for David Wright. The Jeter and Kershaw were red versions (limited to 5) and the Beckett and Wright were the black (limited to 10).
    Daniel
  • Options
    101 sets left at Topps.
  • Options
    I just collated my second set and it is missing #193, Buck Farmer. If anyone has broken their set and could spare this card, please PM me. I could get one on eBay for $1 plus $2 S&H but three bucks for this common seems a bit much.
    Daniel
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I could get one on eBay for $1 plus $2 S&H but three bucks for this common seems a bit much.

This is Burbank Sports business model.