Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

DJ Hardy's Vintage Soccer Collection (Scan Heavy)

Hello,

Thought I would post some scans here rather than in my welcome thread

Will keep this thread up to date with latest additions etc

All RAW will be going to PSA for grading at the end of the Month

Thanks for looking

Alfredo Di Stefano collection:

UK based collecting pre 1970 PSA Pele, Di Stefano and Eusebio

Comments

• Options
    Eusebio Collection:

• Options
    Pele Collection:

• Options
    Random others:

• Options
    Feel free to add your own

The more the merrier

Cheers
  • Options
    Great stuff. Thanks for sharing! From what set is the second distefano? Looks like some early American football sets.
  • Options

<< <i>Great stuff. Thanks for sharing! From what set is the second distefano? Looks like some early American football sets. >>

Thanks

The " kneeling" Di Stefano is from a 1965 Argentinian set called Targeton Sport
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. I enjoy seeing foreign cards. Keep them coming!
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you sub your Pele cards, make sure they label the 2nd one correctly. Your card is a 1962 Marca Stella small portrait. In case you aren't up on the subtle variances for these, here is a summary:

There are a number of variations of this style Pele card in small portrait, large portrait, and standard full sizes that span 1960-1966.

1960 issue printed on grey or white card stock (mostly on white) with no print mark visible near Pele's right eye, blank back. This was originally a 1960 Nannina Pele and Stella took the design. Nannia issued one with a yellow border on front.

1962 Stella small portrait printed on grey stock only, print mark near Pele's right eye, blank back

1962 Stella large portrait printed on grey stock only, 3 types

Type 1: Accent present in name on front (Pele'), Abbreviated caption in blue ink on back (this card here)

Type 2: Accent not present in name on front (Pele), Full caption in brown ink on back

Type 3: Accent not present in name on front (Pele), Full caption in blue ink on back

These 1962 large portrait cards are not as large as the full size tallboy ones. They are large in comparison to the small portrait ones, but otherwise look similar to them (no extras on front like emblem and such like you see on the tallboys).

There is also the standard full size 1962 Stella with team logo, size kind of like 1965 tall boy football cards

1966 Stella large portrait issue printed on white stock with full caption in blue ink on back. Print mark near eye. Misspelling on back (Nascimiento)
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff. I hope PSA slabs everything correctly. I find the ones from south America the most interesting. These are the onlyolder soccer cards I have
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>When you sub your Pele cards, make sure they label the 2nd one correctly. Your card is a 1962 Marca Stella small portrait. In case you aren't up on the subtle variances for these, here is a summary:

There are a number of variations of this style Pele card in small portrait, large portrait, and standard full sizes that span 1960-1966.

1960 issue printed on grey or white card stock (mostly on white) with no print mark visible near Pele's right eye, blank back. This was originally a 1960 Nannina Pele and Stella took the design. Nannia issued one with a yellow border on front.

1962 Stella small portrait printed on grey stock only, print mark near Pele's right eye, blank back

1962 Stella large portrait printed on grey stock only, 3 types

Type 1: Accent present in name on front (Pele'), Abbreviated caption in blue ink on back (this card here)

Type 2: Accent not present in name on front (Pele), Full caption in brown ink on back

Type 3: Accent not present in name on front (Pele), Full caption in blue ink on back

These 1962 large portrait cards are not as large as the full size tallboy ones. They are large in comparison to the small portrait ones, but otherwise look similar to them (no extras on front like emblem and such like you see on the tallboys).

There is also the standard full size 1962 Stella with team logo, size kind of like 1965 tall boy football cards

1966 Stella large portrait issue printed on white stock with full caption in blue ink on back. Print mark near eye. Misspelling on back (Nascimiento) >>

Thank you

My plan is to include descriptions with each card to "try" and pre-empt any issues so this is really helpful

Thank you
  • Options

<< <i>Great stuff. I hope PSA slabs everything correctly. I fFind the ones from sour America the most interesting. These are the oly older soccer cards I have
    image >>

Very nice!!

Very jealous of that Pele

Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    Some new Di Stefano:

• Options
    Some new Eusebio:

• Options
    Some new Pele:

• Options
    ....and this was too good to miss

FRANZ BECKENBAUER 1966 Spanish type, La Caserta, paper release which were attached to bottles so had to be peeled

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi DJ

I missed your earlier post - just wanted to say Hi and welcome!

I know squat about soccer. I've never seen most of the cards and know little about the players - there's people here who do.

Where do you live - it says UK based in your sig line.

The only player I really know of is Pele.

I'm looking forward to your posts and don't hesitate to give some info on the players and stuff.

Don't be a stranger.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Hi DJ

I know squat about soccer. I've never seen most of the cards and know little about the players - there's people here who do.

I'm looking forward to your posts and don't hesitate to give some info on the players and stuff.

Don't be a stranger. >>

Hi Mike

Thanks for your welcome

Tbh I know very little about your Football couldn't name you more than one or two players and they would probably be because of video games

I know a bit more about baseball and basketball and "follow" the Orioles and Knicks so have very low expectations :-)

I live in England, Birmingham to be precise but work in London for a good part of the week

Thanks
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Nice pele cards. What is the last one you posted? I don't think I've seen that one before. I like learning about new sets. Especially early issues that could be rookie cards
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Great collection! Welcome to the boards, and thank you for sharing.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi DJ

Don't be a stranger. >>

Hi Mike

Thanks for your welcome

Tbh I know very little about your Football couldn't name you more than one or two players and they would probably be because of video games

I know a bit more about baseball and basketball and "follow" the Orioles and Knicks so have very low expectations :-)

I live in England, Birmingham to be precise but work in London for a good part of the week

Thanks >>

Nice to have someone from across the pond here DJ.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Nice pele cards. What is the last one you posted? I don't think I've seen that one before. I like learning about new sets. Especially early issues that could be rookie cards >>

That one is a 1960 Nannina. Nannina made those ones and a similar set w/ yellow borders, and then Marca Stella swiped the design and issued theirs that look nearly the same.

• Options

<< <i>Some new Eusebio:

image >>

Is this one a 1963 #284 or a 1964 #285? They have the same front and the only difference on back is the card number. When you sub it to PSA, if you have the 1964, I can almost guarantee they will label it incorrectly as a 1963 unless you include a link that shows scans of all the cards in the album.

If you go to this link, check the first two listings. On each, they have the cards scanned by team. If you go to the last/bottom "team" you will see a link for "20 Asse Des Weltfussballs". That is where this card is for 1963 or 1964.

• Options
    DJ, you should check out the BST forum. Scooter729 is selling some really nice grades Pele cards. I've bought from him before and he's a great guy. Good luck!
  • Options
    DJ, you should check out the BST forum. Scooter729 is selling some really nice grades Pele cards. I've bought from him before and he's a great guy. Good luck!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Some new Eusebio:

image >>

Is this one a 1963 #284 or a 1964 #285? They have the same front and the only difference on back is the card number. When you sub it to PSA, if you have the 1964, I can almost guarantee they will label it incorrectly as a 1963 unless you include a link that shows scans of all the cards in the album.

If you go to this link, check the first two listings. On each, they have the cards scanned by team. If you go to the last/bottom "team" you will see a link for "20 Asse Des Weltfussballs". That is where this card is for 1963 or 1964. >>

Your insight is so valuable thank you so much!!

This is 284 so 63

Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice pele cards. What is the last one you posted? I don't think I've seen that one before. I like learning about new sets. Especially early issues that could be rookie cards >>

That one is a 1960 Nannina. Nannina made those ones and a similar set w/ yellow borders, and then Marca Stella swiped the design and issued theirs that look nearly the same. >>

It was sold to me as a Marca Stella but from the limited info I have told me it was not. This solves the issue. I knew about the yellow border ones but was not sure where the White border was from

I didn't get mine from Carl but he did have one if your interested

Thanks again for your insight

• Options

<< <i>DJ, you should check out the BST forum. Scooter729 is selling some really nice grades Pele cards. I've bought from him before and he's a great guy. Good luck! >>

Thanks will check it out