Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 Fleer Jordan - No Reverse!

I like how the pictures are just poor enough to barely tell it's a fake. Looks like known fakes (or "reprints" in ebay lingo) go for just a few bucks.

Link

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    One thing that's pretty clear is the arrow in the Fleer logo crown. The real version features a darker yellow/gold and is clearly a different color than the yellow text box. This one is the same color. Also looks like the letters in his name at the bottom of the card are not crisp like they would be on a real card.

The reverse is harder to tell, because, like you said, it's a poor picture. However, it does not seem like the decimal is present in the 27.2. It's too blurry of a picture to see if the "registered" mark in the top left and the "copyright" mark at the bottom are clear on the card.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    These are so easy to pick out in person (either naked eye or with a loupe if needed) and there are SO many fakes out there, that it's just not worth considering buying one on Ebay unless a very experienced seller. This one has 155 feedback and 98.7%. PASS!

side note to Doug: 53 mantle went 430. took some work!
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    the hammer went down at $130.50. Someone is about to get an expensive lesson.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>side note to Doug: 53 mantle went 430. took some work! >>

Philip ... good for you! That was a FANTASTIC price. Congrats.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller sold another one twice, at $260 and $290. They also sold this one before for $325. With all the magazines they sell I would worry about stains on the card. image
    James
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    No reverse?? Or no reserve is what the seller meant??
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The seller sold another one twice, at $260 and $290. They also sold this one before for $325. With all the magazines they sell I would worry about stains on the card. image
    James >>

July 1998 has a Gary Sheffield article.