Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Collectors Universe to be Added to Russell 2000 Index

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., June 26, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Collectors Universe, Inc. (Nasdaq:CLCT +2.57%, news), a leading provider of value-added authentication and grading services to dealers and collectors of high-value collectibles, today announced that, according to the preliminary list of additions published by Russell Investments, the Company will be added to the Russell 2000® Index, when Russell Investments reconstitutes its comprehensive set of U.S. and global equity indexes on June 27, 2014. Collectors Universe will also be added to the Russell 3000® and Russell Global indexes.

Comments

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a short term basis this is huge for the stock.

I just saw a bid of 8000 shares posted a moment ago which is a large order for this stock.

• dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    I said this would happen over 2 months ago on yahoo

CLCT to go into Russell

But apparently based on the way the stock is behaving since the PR came out, no one had any idea

<< <i>I said this would happen over 2 months ago on yahoo

CLCT to go into Russell

But apparently based on the way the stock is behaving since the PR came out, no one had any idea >>

You made reference to it on this board too.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    To dbcoin:
    You have made some good calls on CLCT in the past. I always look forward to your comments either here or on yahoo.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    Hmmm...might be a high water mark. We will see
  • I bought the CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) around 500 many years ago. The stock got news that it was going to be
    added to some index and made a run to 700 and I sold. A few days before the stock was added to the index it ran to about 780, and
    then it dropped big time after being added. I mean big time. I remember that the CME bought the CBOT (Chicago Board of Trade) at 200/share, and then one day the CME even dropped below 200 on it's very own.

You never know which way a stock is going, but I always sell into good news. Always !
  • ashabbyashabby Posts: 471
    Yep I am financial advisor. Need to be aware of this part of the trade.
    This stock is one of the most illiquid stocks I have ever followed. With an 11% short position it could easily move up for a time on the addition. A lot of shares will have to trade.

I have no position in the stock but I do like to see the company do well.

• Large sales should not be unexpected, any mutual funds that mimic the index have to purchase because of the rebalance. Also, remember for everyone buying there is someone selling. If this is accurate, someone seems to be selling recently:

Link

<< <i>Large sales should not be unexpected, any mutual funds that mimic the index have to purchase because of the rebalance. Also, remember for everyone buying there is someone selling. If this is accurate, someone seems to be selling recently:

Link >>

Those sales are what drove it down last month right to support of $18.50.

You could easily get a short term squeeze from the addition.

In most cases the re-balancing causes there to be large orders on the close the day of.

• << <i>Those sales are what drove it down last month right to support of $18.50. >>

A few more sales that coincide with what you just said.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Large sales should not be unexpected, any mutual funds that mimic the index have to purchase because of the rebalance. Also, remember for everyone buying there is someone selling. If this is accurate, someone seems to be selling recently: Link >>

That's a cool $1.1 Million last month!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • CSCCSC Posts: 100

<< <i>Interesting Article >>

Rich people collect coins, not cards. No wonder I have been struggling.

<< <i>

<< <i>Interesting Article >>

Rich people collect coins, not cards. No wonder I have been struggling. >>

rich people also collect cards. Not the $10 cards though. Probably more like four figure or more.
    Dbcoin,

How many shares did you estimate last time would need to trade? I think it was close to 700,000.

The volume is average so far and it will be interesting to see what happens when the large orders across the market today trade on the close.

it was 700,000 last time but the price was lower. I think all the shares are already purchased and large lots will cross after hours with no effect on price. The benefit going forward is those shares will be held until at least the next review next year.

<< <i>it was 700,000 last time but the price was lower. I think all the shares are already purchased and large lots will cross after hours with no effect on price. The benefit going forward is those shares will be held until at least the next review next year. >>

The last hour in the market today will be interesting. Sometimes there is little price impact other rebalancing days have been quite volatile.

Wild last 30 minutes. A very large block took it down at the end.

It blows my mind watching this trade with a $0.40+ spread at times. In the last minute it was $0.90.

what a rigged market. How do you get the shares needed? Artificially drop the price.

<< <i>what a rigged market. How do you get the shares needed? Artificially drop the price. >>

Already bidding $20.76

367K after hours. So over 800K shares traded today. It does look like 700K shares were bought today for the index and the price falls. How is this legal?

<< <i>367K after hours. So over 800K shares traded today. It does look like 700K shares were bought today for the index and the price falls. How is this legal? >>

I was wondering if perhaps an options trade was involved but I just checked and CLCT has no options traded on the stock.

You watch the stock like a hawk so keep your eyes pealed for the latest short interest report.