Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Charlotte Area Card Shops

I am up in the area visiting family and wanted to go to a few local card shops in my free time for those that know of any. I am in Salisbury actually, so Winston/Greensboro/Statesville wouldn't be a stretch either. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a nice shop in Matthews NC called AAA Collectibles.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    Ill second that. Great shop extremely nice people who run it too!
  • Options
    Fleming Candy in Salisbury. Unopened boxes/packs galore. Mostly 90's (all sports) to present. Some 80's too. It's my secret spot for my unopened fix. Just don't tell anyone else here ok?
    Looking to buy/trade for any Holman Moody (NASCAR) related items you may have.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Fleming Candy in Salisbury. Unopened boxes/packs galore. Mostly 90's (all sports) to present. Some 80's too. It's my secret spot for my unopened fix. Just don't tell anyone else here ok? >>

Thanks for the help, I will have to catch the Matthews shop. I remember Fleming quite fondly, I drove by there yesterday just to see if it was still around. Unfortunately it was closed so I will try again tomorrow. My favorite in the area was in Kannapolis, it was in a strip mall and right beside a furniture store or Rent-A-Center if I recall.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    According to Becketts--------
    AAA Collectables is at 100 D West John St in Mathews. Phone # is 704-847-5901
    Score More Sports Collectibles is in Winston-Salem. 4944 Martin View Lane #336-602-2383.
    If you want a road trip and some colorful leaf viewing you could take a 2 hr road trip to Hendersonville and Bill's Baseball
    Cards and Collectibles at 3398 Chimney Rock Rd Rt 64 E. #828-388-3004.
    On second thought it might be a little late in the season in that area for the colorful leaves.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure about driving 2 hours. These are closer than that!

Scott's Collectibles - Scott's Collectibles 934 Cloverleaf Plaza, Kannapolis, North Carolina 28083 - (704) 784-2277

Grand Slam Collectibles - 952 Mount Gallant Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29730 - (803) 327-4414

Make sure you go to AAA Collectibles they are very good.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

<< <i>According to Becketts--------
    AAA Collectables is at 100 D West John St in Mathews. Phone # is 704-847-5901
    Score More Sports Collectibles is in Winston-Salem. 4944 Martin View Lane #336-602-2383.
    If you want a road trip and some colorful leaf viewing you could take a 2 hr road trip to Hendersonville and Bill's Baseball
    Cards and Collectibles at 3398 Chimney Rock Rd Rt 64 E. #828-388-3004.
    On second thought it might be a little late in the season in that area for the colorful leaves. >>

It's actually THE TIME for leaves here right now. I haven't been to Bill's shop but I've dealt with him at shows. He bought and traded with me more than anyone else. Super nice older gentleman with a lot of vintage stuff. I bought some nice raw '33 Goudeys and '51 Bowmans out of his bins.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "It's actually THE TIME for leaves here right now"

Good to know. We normally go to Asheville and then Gatlinburg every year in mid to late October.
    It's always tricky to know when peak season will be each year.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There's a nice shop in Matthews NC called AAA Collectibles. >>

I was able to visit AAA on my trip and it was a great shop, thanks for pointing it out! Interestingly enough, an older gentleman stopped in with an autographed baseball from the late 30's he was looking to get an opinion on. Of course, who other than Babe Ruth was one of the signatures. It was interesting to hear the provenance, and everything added up. The ball itself had the correct red/blue stitching, but had quite a bit of toning. While it still remains to be seen if it is indeed authentic, I am sure I may never handle another Babe Ruth baseball again.