Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Minor League Box Scores

I got ticket stubs from AA 1993 and 1994 Albany Colonie Yankees. They are no longer in Albany but now in Scranton, PA. Anyway, I tried to Google box scores for the 1993 and 1994 season but cant find any. Anyone have an idea where I can find old AA baseball box scores? Really want to know if Pettitte, Jeter, Rivera, Posada, or Bernie Williams played in any of the games I have stubs for...and their stats if they did.

Comments

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Does Google still do the newspaper archive thing?
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does Google still do the newspaper archive thing? >>

Dont know...not sure how to access it either.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    If you go to Baseball-reference.com , navigate to minor league teams , go to teams in MY , then click on Albany . From there you can find out who was on the rosters in each year . There is no game-by-game data , but I know somewhere the data can and will be found if one looks hard enough.--- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>If you go to Baseball-reference.com , navigate to minor league teams , go to teams in MY , then click on Albany . From there you can find out who was on the rosters in each year . There is no game-by-game data , but I know somewhere the data can and will be found if one looks hard enough.--- Sonny >>

Ive been to Baseball-reference.com. I have these tickets and need to know who played those days I have the tickets. But thanks!
  • Options
    bad link, bull ...I figured out how to correct it...thanks!
  • Options
    still no luck image
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Contact Eric (Thosebackpages), he may be able to help you.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Contact Eric (Thosebackpages), he may be able to help you. >>

+1

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>What are the dates of the tickets? >>

4/24/93
    8/29/93(2)
    9/3/94
  • Options
    thanks, I'll try to get in touch with Eric
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Chances are slim...

Jeter -20 games with '94 team
    Pettitte -1 game with '93 team, 11 games with '94 team
    Rivera -9 games with '94 team
    Posada -7 games with '93 team
    Bernie -NONE

I'll try to dig some more.
  • Options
    yeah, I know chances are slim but worth checking on image
  • Options
    1994 Ticket was from one of the last games of the year, A-C didn't make the playoffs.

Jeter was in Columbus
    Pettitte was in Columbus
    Rivera was in Columbus
    Posada didnt play with A-C in 1994
    Bernie didn't play with A-C in 1994
  • Options
    Yes, I can see that on Baseball-reference.com. Knowing the years and how many games they played is not the issue. I want to know the stats of the individual games. Sorry if I was not clear. Thanks
  • Options
    I hear ya but those players weren't on the team at that time.

The only real possibilities are the 8/29/93 - Pettitte or Posada could have been in that game.

• Options
    I see why I said was confusing now that I go back and read it. When I wrote it I had in my mind that I knew Bernie Williams was in the majors by then but at that point in his career unsure if he was sent down a couple of times or there for injury rehab. The way I said it did not reflect that thought, instead I made it sound like I wondered if all of them played and in what years. Sorry bout that.
  • Options
    Yup, only Pettitte and Posada in 1993. Even the infamous Brien Taylor was there with a nice season.

Jeter, Pettitte, and Rivera were there in 1994.

Now just need to find out what games they played in and their box scores. Rivera was a starter at that time. Im hoping I would be lucky enough for my 1994 ticket to be one that either Pettitte or Rivera started. Between Pettitte and Rivera in 1994, they started 20 games that season. Jeter played in 34 games.

• Options
    Ah...I see what you are saying Vlad...because the ticket was from the near end of the season, unlikely that Jeter, Pettitte, or Rivera were there.
  • Options

Cool pic of Pettitte signing his contract for his one start call up, which he struck out 6 in a 5 inning W against the Bowie Baysox, that game was played at Memorial Stadium in Md. So that rules out Pettitte for the 08/29/93 ticket.

Posada
    At the end of the season the Yankees decided he was ready for another promotion. They sent him to AA, Albany-Colonie (today's Trenton Thunder). He only played 7 games there and hit .280 with 3 runs scored. After showing that he could hit at AA at the end of the 1993 season, the Yankees started Posada at AAA (Columbus or todays Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees).

http://www.dailysportspages.com/index.php?threads/a-look-back-jorge-posada.1263/

Posada on the 08/29/93 ticket is my last hopeful now...

The regular season for 2003 AA Eastern League ran April 8-Sept 5. Based on the info that he spent 7 games there and the last 7 games of his season, if the final 7 games were consecutive he played 08/30-09/05. If the games weren't consecutive and therefore there was a minimum 1 day break he would have played on 08/29/93.

I would suggested trying to find a schedule to see if the final 7 games were consecutive or not.

• Options

<< <i>Ah...I see what you are saying Vlad...because the ticket was from the near end of the season, unlikely that Jeter, Pettitte, or Rivera were there. >>

Yeah, they had been promoted to Columbus already.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got ticket stubs from AA 1993 and 1994 Albany Colonie Yankees. They are no longer in Albany but now in Scranton, PA >>

The A-C Yankee franchise moved to Norwich, CT in 1995, not Scranton, PA (which had been and still is a AAA franchise). Perhaps now that the season is over, you can contact the Richmond Flying Squirrels club (who are the current owner of this AA franchise) to see if they archive old boxscores (sounds like a perfect project for a team intern).

Good Luck

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.