Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

John Wayne finds Ancient Chinese Coin, proof that Chinese discovered America!

WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 8, 2024 1:39PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum
From the 1934 film "The Man from Utah":

These pictures are from the 1934 Lone Star Productions and Monogram Pictures film "The Man from Utah".

The singing cowboy "Singin' Sandy" rides into town and later busts up a group of crooked rodeo operators.

"Singin' Sandy", also known as John Wayne, plays cowboy John Weston.

In these scenes, John looks in his purse, finds one coin, and decides to look for a job.

Polly Ann Young, sister of Loretta Young, plays the love interest.
Sandy's singing voice was dubbed by someone else.

John/Sandy checks his purse for money

Sandy opens the purse

Sandy holding a "coin"

It appears to be a Chinese "cash" coin.

Does the past fortell the future?

Could it be a coin of Ghengiz Khan, also known as Temujin, "The Conqueror"?

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television

Comments

• AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a chinese woman's purse , probably a lucky charm token.
    Does John plays the role of a pick pocket cowboy ?
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it still interesting to find movies with coin of any type in it, thanks for sharing.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Native Americans discovered America and lived here a few thousand years before anybody else even thought of coming here.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that's a YOUNG John Wayne!

Cool stuff. Do please keep up these numismatic/cinematic vignettes- they're fun! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • spy88spy88 Posts: 764 ✭✭
    Hey Willie, not sure if your statement was "tongue-in-cheek"

<< <i>...proof that Chinese discovered America >>

so just to be sure.

There is a program on The History Channel (121/H2 on Dish) called "America Unearthed". A geologist by the name of Scott Wolter travels around the U.S. investigating ruins, rock carvings, buried items since found, etc. He has proven, in his own mind and many others, that the Knights Templar first came here well before Columbus, Vikings, etc. Extremely interesting program and very informative.

<< <i>...native Americans discovered America >>

is incorrect. They were merely the first to inhabit the lower 48 crossing the land bridge from Russia into Alaska and down or those S American peoples that came north thru Mexico and settled.
    Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a program on The History Channel (121/H2 on Dish) called "America Unearthed" ... >>

Extremely cool! I will have to check that out on Netflix. Thank you so much for posting that tidbit image

<< <i>...native Americans discovered America >>

is incorrect. They were merely the first to inhabit the lower 48 crossing the land bridge from Russia into Alaska and down or those S American peoples that came north thru Mexico and settled. >>

What's the difference between walking onto a continent, versus sailing your boat over to the continent's shores? They were the first inhabitants because they discovered it first. Any argument is semantics IMO maybe it depends what dictionary you're using?

And I dare you to make the journey yourself and then claim they don't deserve the rights of discovery image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE