Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Est'e 1973 Roberto Clemente es en fuego !!!!

Comments

• Options
    just another pwcc auction. This card was won on February 11th by bidder who eBay protects as t***t:

Link to BGS graded Clemente

Guy gets it crossed-over to PSA. Consigns it to pwcc. Guy is clearly bidding on his own item if you check the bid history. Of course, consignee looks the other way. User t***t sure has a lot of bids on this card.

Current auction

same exact thing happens in probstein auctions
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    That's a sweet card!
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like sheet cut OPC cards are doing well these days
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

<< <i>just another pwcc auction. This card was won on February 11th by bidder who eBay protects as t***t:

Guy gets it crossed-over to PSA. Consigns it to pwcc. Guy is clearly bidding on his own item if you check the bid history. Of course, consignee looks the other way. User t***t sure has a lot of bids on this card.

Current auction

same exact thing happens in probstein auctions >>

Those cards look similar but the centering on the back right side looks a little different. Not saying that what you describe doesnt happen all the time. This could just be a guy buying high end Clemente's.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Those cards look similar but the centering on the back right side looks a little different. >>

I was just about to post the same thing. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, the BVG card has better centering on the back.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>just another pwcc auction. This card was won on February 11th by bidder who eBay protects as t***t:

Current auction

same exact thing happens in probstein auctions >>

Those cards look similar but the centering on the back right side looks a little different. Not saying that what you describe doesnt happen all the time. This could just be a guy buying high end Clemente's. >>

I saw that too, but both cards have a stain/smudge on the back in the EXACT same spot. At the "les" and between the H and 2B columns.
  • Options
    I just looked at other Clementes and they all appear to have that stain/smudge... so perhaps you guys are right.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the rough cut??? Come on PSA!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Link to BGS graded Clemente >>

It's back up for sale. This time with a high price tag.
    link
  • Options

<< <i>

link >>

Yup, I stand corrected. I jumped the gun. Probably had to do with my past experiences bidding on auctions by probstein & pwcc
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Where's the rough cut??? Come on PSA! >>

+1

In

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    not the same card IMO... back centering is different..
    the bgs is ok centering.. the psa is less
  • Options

<< <i>not the same card IMO... back centering is different..
    the bgs is ok centering.. the psa is less >>

agreed. Won BVG on Feb 11, sent to PSA and crossed over and shipped back, then sent to PWCC in about 3 weeks time? not gonna happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

link >>

Wow "Much higher price tag" is an understatement! It looks like the BGS card must have been flipped quickly because the new seller is not the $520 winner from 3 weeks ago (vetteboy1968).

Just curious, are there people out there that post eBay auctions for items that they don't own without contacting the actual owner? In other words, are there sellers that post cards at outrageous prices with the idea that if someone is dumb enough to pay that amount, they are convinced that they can cut a deal with the owner for $1000 less? I'm not saying that this is going on here but it definitely looks like an interesting angle since eBay doesn't charge insertion fees.

-Doug
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

link >>

Wow "Much higher price tag" is an understatement! It looks like the BGS card must have been flipped quickly because the new seller is not the $520 winner from 3 weeks ago (vetteboy1968).

Just curious, are there people out there that post eBay auctions for items that they don't own without contacting the actual owner? In other words, are there sellers that post cards at outrageous prices with the idea that if someone is dumb enough to pay that amount, they are convinced that they can cut a deal with the owner for $1000 less? I'm not saying that this is going on here but it definitely looks like an interesting angle since eBay doesn't charge insertion fees.

-Doug >>

It has become common in other markets for people to sell on eBay and buy from Amazon using their Prime membership.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow "Much higher price tag" is an understatement! It looks like the BGS card must have been flipped quickly because the new seller is not the $520 winner from 3 weeks ago (vetteboy1968). >>

Same guy with multiple accounts. vetteboy1968 and super_sports_cards33 are both located in NY, and both have the same terms in their listings.

"8% Sales Tax for NY state residents
    Payment required within 5 days of auction end...thank you

********** Feedback **********

To activate your Positive Feedback you must leave feedback for this item.

Once you have received your item and posted feedback, your feedback will be posted to your eBay feedback profile within 24 hours."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow "Much higher price tag" is an understatement! It looks like the BGS card must have been flipped quickly because the new seller is not the $520 winner from 3 weeks ago (vetteboy1968). >>

Same guy with multiple accounts. vetteboy1968 and super_sports_cards33 are both located in NY, and both have the same terms in their listings.

"8% Sales Tax for NY state residents
    Payment required within 5 days of auction end...thank you

********** Feedback **********

To activate your Positive Feedback you must leave feedback for this item.

Once you have received your item and posted feedback, your feedback will be posted to your eBay feedback profile within 24 hours."
    >>

Interesting Maurice!

-Doug