Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hulk Hogan PSA 9 Wresting All Star for $2650.00 tonight

WOW!!!!!!!
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

I just bumped the old thread. image

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    We were both all over this one!!!! ha ha
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    $790 for Tully Blanchard!!!!!
  • Options
    Does this need a new thread or could you guys possibly consolidate all of these into just one mega-thread? Might be easier for us to keep track of things and make it more enjoyable to visit one consolidated thread, and then it frees up more space on the rest of the board. Just a friendly thought.
  • Options
    $430 for a Murdoch in a PSA 9!!!
  • Options
    I paid $1,500 for the last one I bought and thought I might be paying above market.

Guess not.

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, gents! That's a strong finish.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    yes, industry is showing strength .....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    Congrats Rick!
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    This is a legit sale.

While I am surprised by the final price it doesn't make it any less real.

• Options
    When these were first listed, I made it clear that I did not appreciate the owner of the cards putting in bids to "watch" them or possibly shill them later. It was the right thing to do when the owner retracted those bids.

This sale though, is legit and it would be quite unfair for me to not acknowledge a great sale of a wrestling card. While it is a bit of a surprise to me, it seems that wrestling cards continue to show some strong sales and that is good for all wrestling card collectors. Perhaps Rick's following helped aid this high dollar sale, I really do not know, but I suspect this was a collector who collected this for investment potential down the road. I feel quite strongly this is a legit sale.

• Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    e***s( 691) US $2,650.00 Mar-03-13 18:59:58 PST

n***o( 2059) US $2,600.00 Mar-03-13 19:00:10 PST

t***n( 204) US $1,000.00 Mar-03-13 02:18:33 PST

If I'm reading this correctly, the only way this would have been shilled would have been if n***o( 2059) was the owner of the card. If that was the case, then their snipe of $2,600 would definitely have seemed like a lock to win the auction based on prior results. This seems as legit as it gets.
  • Options
    The under bidder is Ray from Hawaii. He has some great cards and is a really nice guy. I have dealt with him a few times.

• Options
    The underbidder won a handful of items last night and was obviously trying and probably thought they were going to win the Hogan last night.