Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GAI - Anyone getting packs back?

I know this topic has taken place several times on the message board. I sent a rack pack to GAI in June, I did the express. The order has said "sealing" since September. Just seeing if anyone else has been getting packs back, and how long it's been.

Many Thanks,

Peter
PFB

Comments

• Options
    CSCCSC Posts: 100

<< <i>I know this topic has taken place several times on the message board. I sent a rack pack to GAI in June, I did the express. The order has said "sealing" since September. Just seeing if anyone else has been getting packs back, and how long it's been.

Many Thanks,

Peter >>

Wow, that seal must be lava hot and require a long cool down period.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm completely perplexed as to why anyone would send them anything. I know PSA doesn't grade racks........but GAI has had it since June.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    brutal, I would say when your rep is as tarnished as gai you should have extremely friendly turn times..
    I would not be confident you are going to to see that rack again
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably get it Monday.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I thought GAI was out of business?? That being said, I don't recommend doing any business with a company that is "out of business". You would be better off sending them to ISA grading, if they are even still in business.
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Still on target for Monday February 29th.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    WOW! You've been waiting for six months!?!? Have you tried calling them? Did they offer an explanation?
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    Still waiting Peter?
  • Options
    PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Yes, I am still waiting for my pack. I was trying to locate the thread that had a contact at GAI. If anyone has it, I could definitely use some help

Thanks -
    PFB
  • Options
    Express service orders are due to ship in April. Be glad you didn't use their regular service.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I don't think they have a website anymore. Are you sure they are still in business?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    GAI is out of business! I hate to say this, but the odds of getting your packs back are pretty long.
  • Options

<< <i>GAI is out of business! I hate to say this, but the odds of getting your packs back are pretty long. >>

What's your source for this? If I had a dollar for every time I heard GAI was out of business I'd be using a solid gold toilet.
  • Options

<< <i>What's your source for this? If I had a dollar for every time I heard GAI was out of business I'd be using a solid gold toilet. >>

My source for this?? Are you serious???????
  • Options
    The Better Business Bureau gave them an 'F'. They have an 'alert' by their name...this is what it says...

The BBB has made several unsuccessful attempts to reach out to the company both by phone and mail regarding the number and pattern of complaints received by the BBB.

Consumer complaints primarily allege that after sending trading cards to the company for authentication and grading, Global Authority refuses to return the cards and consumers are unable to reach the company.

If you believe in your heart that they are still in business, then by all means, send them your collectibles. Me....not a chance.
  • Options
    Look, I'm not saying the coffee is hot in the break room but you've got to have something other than a bad BBB rating to say they're closed. The BBB is a joke. I value their opinion as much as I value a butthole on my elbow.
  • Options

<< <i>The Better Business Bureau gave them an 'F'. They have an 'alert' by their name...this is what it says...

The BBB has made several unsuccessful attempts to reach out to the company both by phone and mail regarding the number and pattern of complaints received by the BBB.

Consumer complaints primarily allege that after sending trading cards to the company for authentication and grading, Global Authority refuses to return the cards and consumers are unable to reach the company.

If you believe in your heart that they are still in business, then by all means, send them your collectibles. Me....not a chance. >>

I'm not sending them jack, but there's a gargantuan difference between having a bad BBB rating and being out of business. You do know that, right?
  • Options
    I tell you what buddy. You go to the website.....after that...you read up on the customer complaints. Let me know how that works out for ya! Then you tell me the difference between an 'F' rating and going out of business!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

You send them the cards - they don't send them back.....yup, sounds like they are still in business to me!
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    FWIW, they weren't sending cards back when they were in business, so you really can't tell by their actions if there are in business or not, because it's virtually the same.
    A few years ago, when they were in CA but after they had been evicted or whatever from their office in Dana Point, I went over to pick up a '33 Lajoie that a friend had submitted to them. Arriving at the address there was no sign on any door that indicated they were there. I finally called the number on my cell and said I was there to pick up the card and what suite were they in. A guy stuck his head out an unmarked door and handed me a $20k card without asking me for id, to sign for it, nada. Didn't say a word, just handed it over to a guy with a cell phone in a hallway.
    Contrast this to PSA that has 3 different chambers you have to go thru with security cameras at multiple angles, it's virtually Fort Knox.
    Never sent them anything after that. Once they moved to Iowa they had no hope for resurrection, they guy that took over there has done nothing to change what was already a defunct company.
    In regards to your missing pack, I'm afraid your only chance of getting it back is to have someone bang on their door and not leave until he gets it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Peter, listen to Griffins, he knows what he's talking about.
  • Options
    Reggie in Cleveland, do you work for GAI???

Peter, do a google search on 'global authority issues'. Read the BBB complaints (the nationwide one and the Iowa one). From now on, do NOT send them anything else. I believe that they are taking customers items and hoping that they just go away or forget about them. They are finding lower grade cards to give back to people who they are sending stuff back to. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the 1933 Goudey Lajoie that was given back to Griffins in the hallway was a very good reprint. Reggie in Cleveland, PLEASE stop trying to convince people to send stuff to this company!

Attorney General in Iowa

The address that you send cards to? It's not a business - it's a UPS facility and #388 is their box number that they visit every other day. They don't want a repeat of someone showing up at the business/place of residence, so they rather do it that way. Like a spider picking up treats that land in its web, that is what the GAI guy (I believe it is down to just one person) is doing. I am sorry this has happened to you Peter.
  • Options
    Sadly the pack collecting hobby has many ills to it.
    It's too bad for the guys who really enjoy it.
  • Options

<< <i>They are finding lower grade cards to give back to people who they are sending stuff back to. >>

Do you have any evidence to support this?
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have any evidence to support this? >>

I provided a link. I suggest clicking on it. I don't have time to call all the people who have been victimized by GAI. That would be a good special project for you to embark on though Maurice.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you have any evidence to support this? >>

I provided a link. I suggest clicking on it. I don't have time to call all the people who have been victimized by GAI. That would be a good special project for you to embark on though Maurice. >>

Nice finger pointing.

Like as if anyone was going to forget about you.
  • Options

<< <i>Like as if anyone was going to forget about you. >>

Yea...Im such a ROTTEN man! I can't believe people keep piggybacking on my subs! I'm just lower than the lowest amoeba in a cesspool of germs! Im one of the worst....but we love you Night Crawler!! Keep up drinking buddy!!! And keep sending GAI your items!!! Gotta support them somehow!!

<< <i>Nice finger pointing. >>

Oh....because I am trying to prevent someone from getting scammed, I am finger pointing. My apologies. Keep sending stuff to GAI! They are totally fine. They have been endorsed and approved by Night Crawler! Those numerous complaints on the BBB sites must all be wrong......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Like as if anyone was going to forget about you. >>

Yea...Im such a ROTTEN man! I can't believe people keep piggybacking on my subs! I'm just lower than the lowest amoeba in a cesspool of germs! Im one of the worst....but we love you Night Crawler!! Keep up drinking buddy!!! And keep sending GAI your items!!! Gotta support them somehow!! >>

If only you pronounce retard in french.

• Options

Nice edit Robert
  • Options
    You are a tool Night Crawler.....you have nothing positive to add. I try to help people and warn them and keep them from getting scammed. Not quite sure what you do on the board.....you are part of the reason this board has gone downhill the last few years.

You are going to cause another worthwhile thread to get locked. Most people don't even think to look at BBB reviews before sending using a particular business. A simple act such as that would have prevented all this heartache that Peter is having to endure. Yet you use this thread as an excuse to attack me. You are pathetic. I won't be repsonding to this thread anymore. I doubt very seriously I will try to help anyone else out on this board either.
  • Options

<< <i>You are a tool Night Crawler.....you have nothing positive to add. I try to help people and warn them and keep them from getting scammed. Not quite sure what you do on the board.....you are part of the reason this board has gone downhill the last few years. >>

So you're saying I'm partial?
  • Options
    Bobby, now that I have your attention, would you care to discuss your relationship with Dick Towle?
  • Options
    Bobby's the tool. Has no idea for common sense.
  • Options

<< <i>I doubt very seriously I will try to help anyone else out on this board either. >>

That'll teach em.
  • Options
    And before anyone gives a hoot.

Bobby's a shill bidding sleeze bag.
  • Options
    Maurice scarred him off.

Maurice asks the tough questions.

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    Im not sure where this thread headed but I don't think down the toilet is what the op was looking for. Peter I hope you get your pack back. I've never sent in anything to GAI so I know very little about that company. BBB recommendations are something allot of people look at and trust. Bad reviews, typically throw up red flags and I think Bobby was trying to warn you and others on here about that.
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    The order has said "sealing" since September.

Are you sure it says "sealing" and not "stealing" ? image

Did they ever hit up your credit card for the sub fee? If so, you may have some recourse from your credit card company for those fees at least.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"