Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is your favorite card/pack to sniff?

For me, I enjoy popping open the lid of a 1991 Stadium Club football box and taking a whiff of the fresh, untouched packs. There is something unique about those packs. Perhaps it was the innovative Kodak technology they used at the time.

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i once accidentally inhaled an entire box of Wacky Packages. something got deviated all up in there.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    This is my favorite Card to sniff!

WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh, SWATCH cards. I was way off. image
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    That one card of Tim Raines sliding into 2B where you can see the coke flying out of his back pocket. Yeah, that's some good stuff
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    When I sniff the Swatch cards... I can't tell if I'm smelling Bounce or Snuggles?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    I should have seen those responses coming. OK, so let me rephrase my question: What is your favorite baseball, football, basketball, or hockey card/pack to sniff? And please no WNBA or Manon Rheaume or Jennie Finch cards...please.
  • Options
    1992 Ultra Baseball, series II
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    i recall when '90 Leaf Baseball hit the market and there was something about the scent of those cards which seemed to add to the attraction.

eventually, it became the smell of lots of pocket money for Frank Thomas rookies. but, i definitely remember them like a first kiss. image
  • Options
    Eric, your crazy! 1992 Ultra Baseball, series I is way better.