Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What a bad idea!

This is why I do not crack out high dollars cards even if I think they could get a bump. Went from a 12k card to abut 6k image

Fubar is right: 51 Mantle

Comments

• Options
    HA HA!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Would love to see a better scan. Current scan is not so hot....
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    It does not look like the same card to me. It may be because of the poor current scan. I would like to see a better scan on a black background to make a better judgement.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>It does not look like the same card to me. It may be because of the poor current scan. I would like to see a better scan on a black background to make a better judgement. >>

It looks like the same card to me...
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    It most likely is the same card but my eyes are not the best anymore. That is why I would like to see a better scan.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    He deserves to lose his shirt for not continuing to crack/sub until it comes back 7 or higher if that is how he feels.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    He deserves to lose his shirt for not continuing to crack/sub until it comes back 7 or higher if that is how he feels.

EXACTLY, how do you crack out a 7, but not the 6.5?
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    This makes no sense. Oaksey is exactly right- if you would crack out a 7, why wouldn't you crack out a 6.5? Maybe it's legit, but I'm going to stay far away!!

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    If you zoom in on the PSA 7 card, it looks like there is a pinhole about 1/4" below the barrel of the bat.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like the same card to me..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    CSCCSC Posts: 100

<< <i>This makes no sense. Oaksey is exactly right- if you would crack out a 7, why wouldn't you crack out a 6.5? Maybe it's legit, but I'm going to stay far away!!

Jeff >>

Particularly if he thought it was an 8 to begin with. Too strange.
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    not the same card...I am seeing a small white spot over the KE in the first name on the "6.5"....I don't see that on the "7" JMHO.
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    And why would you use a high quality scan of the card you're NOT selling (the psa 7) and a crappy photo of the one that you are (the 6.5)?
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Lot's of red flags on this one. But, if legit, a couple of points:

1. The poster was greedy. Should have submitted for review and kept the card in the holder. Worse case he's out a few bucks and still has a 7.

2. For a $6 K loss I would crackout and re-sub that card over and over again. Even subbing it 10 times only puts you out another $200 or so

3. Risk reward was to high on the risk side. Who would crack a 12K card? My hands would be shaking so much that I know I would have turned it into a PSA 1 getting it out of the holder.
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989