Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who are the board experts on certain issues?

We've obviously got a few go-to guys here with regard to games, unopened, autographs and the like, but who are the experts in other areas?

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al (bishop) and Bob (bobsbbcards) are the Topps insert and rare test issues experts. I am their apprentice.

I would say Bob Lemke would be included in that too since he is actually the editor of the SCD catalog in which I get a lot of info.

Shane

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of guys that specialize in specific sets or players.

When I see 1975 minis I think of MiniMaster and Jim (MiniDuff) right away. Geordie (TNP777) knows all there is to know about Brett Butler...actually I'm kind of scared to know exactly how much he knows. image

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Storm is/was the legal guy...miss him
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corvette1340(Tommy) knows a thing or 2 about wiping his @$$ with payroll checks. image
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    the dutyman was the resident expert on blowjobs. i think thursdays were the big day at his place.

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    I can chime in on best way to pull miscuts and diamond cuts from high priced 70's wax
  • Options
    Im an expert on getting 7.5s
  • Options
    If you are needing a go-to-guy for 'achieving greatness', I'm your man. Being that I achieve greatness not on a daily basis, but on an hourly basis. Each morning I'm pleasently surprised by my ability to even achieve greatness while I'm sleeping. I would tell all that my God-given ability to achieve such greatness is somewhat of a burden, but due to my greatness, I cannot tell a lie. Being great is awesome!

Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    I will have to admit that I am an expert in what NOT to invest in................unfortunately I know from personal experienses image
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    i am sort of a medical expert......i sorta know in advance which player will endure career ending injuries...it's always the guy i spent $1,000.00 speculating on....
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    being an expert is overrated. if you get really good at something, people expect you to be good at it all the time. then, when you fail miserably, they can point a waggy finger at you and say "Nah, nah. You suck."

ask any baseball player.

and ask my wife why i'm the go-to guy when it comes to taking out the garbage or picking up dog turds. image
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    OTW--I think it was a good question and if you have a Q on post war baseball cards take it to bobsbbcards on this bord
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi David

As a NYC kid - I totally agree! Just about the best in Manhattan!!!!!

We've got zero here in San Antonio. image
    Mike
  • Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    San Gennaro feast starts this week: I'll drive in sunday 10am to manhattan. Pick up Sausage, Pepper and onion heroes, cannollis and Katz's sandwiches. Makes for a great feast to watch NFL!
  • Options

<< <i>San Gennaro feast starts this week: I'll drive in sunday 10am to manhattan. Pick up Sausage, Pepper and onion heroes, cannollis and Katz's sandwiches. Makes for a great feast to watch NFL! >>

Mike
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I moved to SW Florida 3 1/2 years ago from the NY. You are KILLING me right now! They have no clue what Deli, Pizza, STREET food, and Bagels even taste like down here. Its like I live in a different universe image >>

I say anyone that leaves deserves that feeling.
  • Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>San Gennaro feast starts this week: I'll drive in sunday 10am to manhattan. Pick up Sausage, Pepper and onion heroes, cannollis and Katz's sandwiches. Makes for a great feast to watch NFL! >>

I moved to SW Florida 3 1/2 years ago from the NY. You are KILLING me right now! They have no clue what Deli, Pizza, STREET food, and Bagels even taste like down here. Its like I live in a different universe image >>

I actually am quite indifferent to Little Italy. I love Arthur Ave in the Bronx. The real Little Italy! I now live closer to Philly and I will give props to Philly I-talians. Besides the cheesesteaks, the philly pork with provolone and broccoli rabe sandwiches au jus are some serious goooood eatin!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well... we do have really good white bread and mayonnaise sandwiches down here! image >>

And no state income tax! LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I went to HS in Tampa and have to say - I made lemonade out of the lemons that David was dealt.

My dad found some of the best Cuban food! There's a place on the Causeway that makes the best "Cuban sandwiches" on the planet!
    Mike
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    That sandwich looks GOOD. We just don't have good deli in Sacramento. They really don't have good deli in all of Nor Cal actually. Sort of sad that the great state of Nor Cal can't give you a decent sandwich!
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    DavidG1966, it doesn't take an expert to find pastrami in NYC. Can you help me in other places?

I mean, if you really are the expert. And I'm serious, as you know, pastrami is serious business.
  • Options

<< <i>DavidG1966, it doesn't take an expert to find pastrami in NYC. Can you help me in other places?

I mean, if you really are the expert. And I'm serious, as you know, pastrami is serious business. >>

Understatement Tom!

It comes in a package here - dry and tasteless.
    Mike
  • Options
    I can tell you how hot a girl is.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I remember Gary was an expert at bongs , table tops and re-wrapping . He was ( is ) a legend .

Long live Uncle Fester ----- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Little Italy is but a few hundred yards from my office in Keating Hall (Fordham University). I try to get over to Little Italy twice a month----just unbelievable old-style quality foods and pastries. Fuhgeddaboutit!!
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are a lot of guys that specialize in specific sets or players.

When I see 1975 minis I think of MiniMaster and Jim (MiniDuff) right away. Geordie (TNP777) knows all there is to know about Brett Butler...actually I'm kind of scared to know exactly how much he knows. image >>

Folks would be surprised at how little I know about Butler - seriously.
  • Options
    I am absolutely an expert on lining up my third putt on any given hole on the golf course. If anyone needs help with this, please let me know.

Brian
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Geordie, I'm not surprised. lol

Good for you.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am absolutely an expert on lining up my third putt on any given hole on the golf course. If anyone needs help with this, please let me know.

Brian >>

Brian, I need help - let's do it!
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am an expert grader of pastrami sandwiches. I grade Katz Deli in NYC "Gem Mint"

image >>

Isn't this the place where the infamous scene from "When Harry Met Sally" was filmed?
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I am an expert grader of pastrami sandwiches. I grade Katz Deli in NYC "Gem Mint"

image >>

Isn't this the place where the infamous scene from "When Harry Met Sally" was filmed? >>

No 10 it is OC and may get a ST qualifier
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

One of these things just doesnt belong here, one of these things just aint the same...now it's time to play our game
  • Options

<< <i>I moved to SW Florida 3 1/2 years ago from the NY. You are KILLING me right now! They have no clue what Deli, Pizza, STREET food, and Bagels even taste like down here. Its like I live in a different universe image >>

David, for a decent bagel try Straight from New York Bagels just east of Exit 111 on I-75 (Immokalee Rd.) in north Naples. I've been told they bring in the water from NY. Don't know if I believe that but the bagels aren't bad but pricey as I remember. For pastrami and pizza you're on your own!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options

<< <i>I am absolutely an expert on lining up my third putt on any given hole on the golf course. If anyone needs help with this, please let me know.

Brian >>

I'm horrid at 8-10 footers. I may call.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I vote for Big Red, NYY and and goheels for Topps 1968 Milton Bradley
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    I am an expert shoemaker.