Home Sports Talk
Options

ESPN reports Zekes suspension upheld.

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Begins now till 11/24.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gee.....the Cowboys will suck now.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Gee.....the Cowboys will suck now.

Sure can't help.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

If he'd had just eaten it to begin with the record might be the same.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vintagefun said:
    If he'd had just eaten it to begin with the record might be the same.

He's probably going to appeal this as well. For sure one day he's going to have serve the 6 games. Might as well do it now instead the start of next year. For sure it's effecting his play and the Cowboys as well

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

This might push Dimeman over the cliff

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a great time to lose him they are not going to make the playoffs this season . Rest all the starters and tank the season for a high draft pick.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if nothing else, we won't have to consider having Prescott fall down on purpose at the 1 so Zeke can run into the end zone with the gamewinning TD as time expires..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2017 6:42PM

All I can say is that it is complete BS to be punished for something that you weren't even charged with. Last I heard you are innocent until proven guilty. He wasn't even charged! And this is because the "supposed" victim can't tell the same "story" twice.

Completely BOGUS!!

• Options

You don't have to be charged with a crime to be suspended from a job. Each company has their own policies. The NFL has a conduct policy. They concluded through their investigation that it was broken. It's as simple as that.

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    You don't have to be charged with a crime to be suspended from a job. Each company has their own policies. The NFL has a conduct policy. They concluded through their investigation that it was broken. It's as simple as that.

m

Mark - That is completely bogus and will be overturned again as it should be.

• Options

Mark is 100% correct, DM. Stop making excuses for poor behavior.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

I'm not making excuses. It hasn't been proven he did anything. She has been caught in multiple lies and the whole thing should be dropped. Anybody believing otherwise is simply a Cowboy hater.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Mark - That is completely bogus and will be overturned again as it should be.

You may not like it but what I wrote is 100% true. It's a fact. Whether or not the courts agree with the enforcement of policy in this case is another matter

mark

• Options
    edited October 12, 2017 8:15PM

They believed her more then him even with her inconsistencies . That ought to tell you something

m

• Options

DM, it has nothing to do with "hating" the Cowboys. You simply fail to understand (or admit) the circumstances and the NFL policy governing personal conduct.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

m

So what you are saying Mark......is that it doesn't matter if he did it or not.......just weather or not the commish thinks he did.

GREAT SYSTEM!!!!

• Options
    edited October 12, 2017 8:33PM

He is a Cowboy lover so he will see things with rose colored Roger Staubach eyes. He represents like 80% of Cowboy fans. Most people don't dislike the Cowboys as much as they dislike Cowboy fan mentality

mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

So what you are saying Mark......is that it doesn't matter if he did it or not.......just weather or not the commish thinks he did.

GREAT SYSTEM!!!!

Nope. That's not what I'm saying. Zeke is an employee of the NFL and that's not how it went down.

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    He is a Cowboy lover so he will see things with rose colored Roger Staubach eyes. He represents like 80% of Cowboy fans. Most people don't dislike the Cowboys as much as they dislike Cowboy fan mentality

mark

I really resent that Mark! This isn't "Cowboy fan mentality"! You didn't see me defending Hardy did you....NO!

You didn't see me defending any of the other Cowboys that were suspended for drug abuse did you.....NO!

I'm not defending Zeke because he is a Cowboy. It wouldn't matter who he played for under these circumstances.....I would defend him.

This is total crap.......and this is my last word on it!!!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

I really resent that Mark! This isn't "Cowboy fan mentality"! You didn't see me defending Hardy did you....NO!

You didn't see me defending any of the other Cowboys that were suspended for drug abuse did you.....NO!

I'm not defending Zeke because he is a Cowboy. It wouldn't matter who he played for under these circumstances.....I would defend him.

This is total crap.......and this is my last word on it!!!!!

Ok.

mark

• Options
    TheDukeKTheDukeK Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

I dislike the Cowboys!

But I agree for the most part with DM. IMO he should not be suspended for what we have heard.
    I also agree with Mark as in the private sector he can be suspended as they see fit. In this case they should not see fit just like with deflategate.
    But hey it's the NFL they think it's OK for their employees to sit during the anthem.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2017 10:41PM

@TheDukeK said:
    I dislike the Cowboys!

But I agree for the most part with DM. IMO he should not be suspended for what we have heard.
    I also agree with Mark as in the private sector he can be suspended as they see fit. In this case they should not see fit just like with deflategate.
    But hey it's the NFL they think it's OK for their employees to sit during the anthem.

That is a strawman argument that is not applicable in this case. You really want to equate domestic abuse with kneeling for the anthem?

You can easily look up the all of the relevant documentation filed with the Columbus City District Attorney's office for the Elliott case, all 77 pages of it, complete with police reports and text message exchanges between Elliott and the victim. While the evidence many not have been sufficient to proceed in a criminal investigation or to sustain an indictment in a court of law, there is no question that what Elliott did violated the personal conduct policy which all NFL players are acutely aware of once they are brought into the league. There really is no question about that, as far as I'm concerned.

I thought he might get 4 games before the season started but perhaps the evidence was even more damning than apparent as far as the NFL was concerned.

• Options
    edited October 13, 2017 3:59AM

The NFL did their own one year exhaustive investigation and found him to be a woman beater. That's their position.

mark

• Options

The greatest brand in sports (the NFL) is unraveling before our eyes. I am trying to find something that has gotten better in the past twenty years and cannot find it.

Congratulations to passionate fans like Dimeman that still maintain the excitement for the game. Many others are bailing at warp speed. All that will remain are the gamblers as they will bet on cockroach racing if the action is available.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    The greatest brand in sports (the NFL) is unraveling before our eyes. I am trying to find something that has gotten better in the past twenty years and cannot find it.

Congratulations to passionate fans like Dimeman that still maintain the excitement for the game. Many others are bailing at warp speed. All that will remain are the gamblers as they will bet on cockroach racing if the action is available.

Well, they are about to lose me!

• Options

Glick you embellisher you...... your statement bears no fact just a wish you want to promote.

mark

• Options

TV ratings are down nearly 20% from 2015. Blame Hurricanes and elections if you wish.

The eyes are leaving at an alarming rate.

• Options
    edited October 13, 2017 8:35AM

Network TV ratings?

TV ratings for just about everything is down 20%. Maybe Real Housewifes is up. I don't watch NFL games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday Night's. On Sunday during the 1pm and 4pm games I watch NFL Red Zone.

All I know is at the draft in Philly it was electric and they had 250,000 attend. That was a record. A quarter of a million people for a draft. The roots run deep for the NFL.

Anyways, good teams continue to draw and poor teams don't.

The NFL will make 14 billion dollars in 2017. If it gets trimmed in half eventually its still a cash cow. The base is huge

mark

• Options

I am sure that the owners that now value their teams at two billion plus will be grateful for a revenue trim of 50%.

I got off the NFL bus about 5 years ago. I'll probably watch half a college game and listen to the local guys on the radio while getting some bookkeeping done.

Seems that my friends still support "their" team on Sunday but now tune out the other games.

Maybe the whole league can relocate to Europe. They seem to enjoy pro football.

• Options
    edited October 13, 2017 9:50AM

As I've said before you don't have throw
    a charity ball for the NFL owners no matter how much the ratings drop. I not sure how many 30 year olds and younger even have a TV let alone cable. They left that port along time ago

m

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    All that will remain are the gamblers as they will bet on cockroach racing if the action is available.

when is post time?