Home Sports Talk
Options

Once the dust settles,what will be in Lebrons future?

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will he stay/retire as a Cav. or bolt in the years ahead? Initially, I feel he will stay put for 1-2 years and see what mgt. comes up with to bolster the current team. A knee jerk reaction to this Finals defeat would not go over too well in Cav. land. And I don't think he wants that connotation on his resume, yet. It's 2 years down the road that begs the question of such a move. If he becomes frustrated by more Finals defeats or not even getting into the Finals I could see a move. He does want to win more, especially as his Finals record now resides at 3-5. I assume he wants to pad his resume. He will be 34 by then and just starting the ever so gradually decline from his peak. Happens to them all. I back this up by looking at his career minutes 41,000+ current. He has been banged around quite a bit in those hard minutes and has played tough physical ball. And in some cases being exposed to the "Hack a Shaq" treatment. He needs more time to rest now than before as he has ever so slightly reduced his MPG over the last 3 years. And throw in his 216 games of playoff ball totaling over 9000 additional minutes to his already 41,000+ minutes and his decline may come even faster. 216 playoff games of tough playoff opponents has to erode you that much quicker. It is the equivalent to almost 3 full seasons of regular season ball if you were to play 72 per season. So it would seem his window of opportunity is closing ever so slowly for more "ships". What remains to be seen is if he will go and leave his fans behind when he feels the time is right, for him. He really does not owe them much as he delivered on his promise to bring the trophy to Cleveland. But would that be enough to pacify the fans of Cleveland if he ups and departs again? It will be an interesting watch the next few years in "Lebronland" (Cleveland).

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I buy you some paragraphs? I can't quite dig in there

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

mark

Sorry bout that Chief. Guilty as charged. I've never been known for style (or paragraphs) over substance. Guess the mind tends to ramble at a certain age. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

mark

since the forum change over I swear I have more problems with basic formatting than I ever have. I've had posts where all indents and breaks are ignored. If I go back to edit I get this html view which annoys me and I just don't bother trying to fix it. When ever I see someone elses post that looks like that I assume they are having the same issue.

• Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Let me give a Cleveland perspective on this. LeBron still has a fair amount of angry fans from the first exit to South Beach. But the majority of fans are indebted to him for the Championship he did deliver.
    With that said, one could not argue with him trying to win more titles. But as for legacy and all that discussion, his would be seriously damaged if he bolts again. The majority of fans were really put off with his method of departure the first time. He knows that and his total work ethic isn't really being challenged here. The man is an absolute monster on the court. He won titles and MVP awards and is spoken in the same light of the best ever. He wants more within the sports/business/political/etc. worlds. He's a bright guy and sees the big picture. He cares what the others think of him.
    Love the guy or not he has the right to move on. But I think he stays for the big picture. It is his home after all.
    I guess we shall see. I am interested to see how the Cavs try to stay close to the Warriors in the next couple years. No easy task for sure.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe we need a four team super league. It would sure speed up the playoffs.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

All they have to do is do away with the divisions. Have the East and West. Everybody plays everybody else the same number of games during the season. The team that finishes with the best record from the East plays the team with the best record from the West (Finals) for the Championship. Wala......a 7 game playoff for the Title.

This is how they did it back in the 60's in Baseball.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

All they have to do is do away with the divisions. Have the East and West. Everybody plays everybody else the same number of games during the season. The team that finishes with the best record from the East plays the team with the best record from the West (Finals) for the Championship. Wala......a 7 game playoff for the Title.

first problem , gate receipts no owner wants less nights and less tickets sold .

Second problem TV , they want more nights on TV

It isn't about the sports anymore its money

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

first problem , gate receipts no owner wants less nights and less tickets sold .

Second problem TV , they want more nights on TV

It isn't about the sports anymore its money

I know, but I have always thought it is silly to play the whole season to see which half of the teams don't get to go to the platoffs! >:)

• Options

Cleveland will make moves to give Lebron help at great cost but he will leave after next year due to his being a douchenozzle. Get ready for another betrayal Cleveland fans .

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Cleveland will make moves to give Lebron help at great cost but he will leave after next year due to his being a douchenozzle. Get ready for another betrayal Cleveland fans .

I disagree.......he will retire in Cleveland.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I don't see Lebron leaving as long as Kyrie is there. And I don't see Kyrie leaving if King is there. They need to find the "right" replacement for Love IMO,
    and deepen the bench a bit. They're right there. But it can't all be FAs. Guys like McCaw, and to a much lesser extent thus far, Looney and Jones have provided minutes and wiggle room for GSW from the Draft. Or Ian Clark, a sweet D league find that they won't likely be able to keep.

The basic equation is Core + Vets + Draft = High Seed Playoffs. Multiply by Will + Chemistry and you've got a Winner.

Cavs have Core, Vets, Will and decent Chemistry...but no one that can give LBJ a much needed rest in big games. Either need that from Love or his replacement, or better fitting Vets/Draft.

I've little doubt King and GM will make necessary tweaks and roll the East again.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

When does Westbrooke become a free agent?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph