Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS "mechanical error" still costs me extra fees

I received a submission back from PCGS recently that DNC'ed crossovers. They were solid proof Franklin toners. I had instructions to cross at 60+.

Well, human error occured and they admittedly did not "see" the 60+ cross instructions. They nicely provided the free return label BUT are charging me $5 per coin as a fee.

Why should I be out any new fees due to their admitted error?

Even at "only" $5 per coin the total was $100 in these extra fees.

Frustrated.

Doug
Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't have to pay, Doug. If it was their mistake, PCGS has always paid in the past and I wouldn't imagine they have changed that policy.

I just sent one back in as a "mechanical error" because they didn't take a TrueView photo and I had paid for Secure Plus which includes the TrueView service now. I'm expecting to pay nothing for that, other than the shipping cost from me to them, which I know I could have had them pay too as you seemed to have done by getting a return label. Had some coins going to PCGS anyways, so didn't need them to pay that.
  • Options
    CacoinguyCacoinguy Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Agree with Mr. KITTLE
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: illini420

You shouldn't have to pay, Doug. If it was their mistake, PCGS has always paid in the past and I wouldn't imagine they have changed that policy.

I just sent one back in as a "mechanical error" because they didn't take a TrueView photo and I had paid for Secure Plus which includes the TrueView service now. I'm expecting to pay nothing for that, other than the shipping cost from me to them, which I know I could have had them pay too as you seemed to have done by getting a return label. Had some coins going to PCGS anyways, so didn't need them to pay that.

+2

I have had more than a dozen mechanicals fixed. Never paid a dime for any of them.

Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file