Home Sports Talk

I'm a Rams fan and...

TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
... I'm pretty pissed off right now. Left two tickets to the Rams game on my front seat and some SOB broke my window and left four more.

But yeah, I really am a Rams fan. I wish I could light at the end of the tunnel, but I don't. I really wish Jeff Fisher would have been pulled off the team bus and fired before he could fly back to Los Angeles, just like Pat Haden did to Lane Kiffin several years back. How that guy still has a job is beyond me.

Comments

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    If only Dieter Brock could still bring it.

I recall so many wonderful Rams game experiences. Exposition Park, Figueroa St., touch football games on the SC campus lawn before trudging into the Coliseum to see Roman Gabriel, Wendell Tucker, Jack Snow, Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, Eddie Meador.....

My Dad took us to see them play the Jets. It was 1970. I was 9 years old. My younger sister was 7, so I guess my Dad felt she was ready for some football, too. For her introduction as we walked into the stadium, a seagull did a fly-by and mega-crapped on her head. I'll never forget that moment. We always have a good laugh about it.

By the time they'd gone to Anaheim, I'd long since become a Bears fan and enjoyed going to games to yell at them. The Dickerson years were cool. At least they stayed competitive and kept rivalries strong.

Bolting to St. Louis, well they should have just stayed. I remember also doing a card show there and walking past the construction site for the soon-to-be Edward Jones Dome. Pretty remarkable. What are they doing with that enormous thing now?

So what goes around comes around, as they say. Thanks for dredging up some old 80s L.A. Clippers ticket humor. ;-)
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain.

Try being a Cowboy fan with Jerry (I luv Romo) running things.

And oh....I'll trade coaches with you in a heart beat!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fisher is worse than Garrett, DM. You need to broaden your horizon a bit and scale back on the scapegoating, though I do agree with you that Jones is a lousy owner.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15
    Fisher is worse than Garrett, DM. You need to broaden your horizon a bit and scale back on the scapegoating, though I do agree with you that Jones is a lousy owner.

Garrett is about as good of a coach as he was a QB........about a D--!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurley is promising a win!
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    This season? Bonkers!!! image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They beat Seattle, big win for the Rams!
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I am a Rams fan and I was feeling much more hopeful 2-3 years ago. I really thought the team was about to turn the corner. Strong defense, decent QB, but the team has not improved the last couple years. I think the Goff trade could prove disastrous. More of a disaster than trading the RGIII pick to the Redskins was a success. Oh well....
  • As a lifelong 49er fan I can't tell you how much I love having the Rams back in LA...so I can go back to hating them and enjoying one of the best rivalries in football.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larryallen73

I am a Rams fan and I was feeling much more hopeful 2-3 years ago. I really thought the team was about to turn the corner. Strong defense, decent QB, but the team has not improved the last couple years. I think the Goff trade could prove disastrous. More of a disaster than trading the RGIII pick to the Redskins was a success. Oh well....

I have a home in LA. Does LA even know the Rams are back?

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are a Rams fan and...

...your team just turned water into wine and is now 3-1.

If anyone here watched their Week 1 Sunday night game against the Niners, then you know full well just how remarkable this is. In fact, if someone had given me 100/1 that they would win their next three games (vs Seattle, @ Tampa, @ Arizona), I honestly wouldn't have taken it.

Kudos to the Los Angeles freaking Rams!
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    It's great to see them back in LA and doing well.
    They are still going to go down like 2000 flushes image

GO HAWKS!
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To bad about your window. Next time just roll it down for them. image
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Jason Carrot is the worst NFL coach. If the Cowboys would get rid of Dez and Jason Carrot we would win a Super Bowl this year.
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 1954

Jason Carrot is the worst NFL coach. If the Cowboys would get rid of Dez and Jason Carrot we would win a Super Bowl this year.

I believe you meant to post in this thread. Please keep your comments here focused on disparaging the Los Angeles Rams. image

Such as: "Fitty/Fitty needs to be fired." Fitty/Fitty is what Bomani Jones calls Fisher, as his overall coaching record is around .500, although he's 8 games under as the Rams coach.