Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I like Stack's but......................

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
I like Stack's but there are only so many "Coin Dollars" to be spread around. I've been waiting for about two months to see something, anything, posted at their website to show what will be available at the August ANA auction they're hosting. I'm sure it will be a lot and I'm sure there will be items that interest me, but when will they start to show them???

I had hoped it would be after the consignment deadline but that has come and gone with nothing, so now I sit and wait. My approach is to view available items as soon as possible and as far out from the auction as possible, that way I can come up with a "batting order" and try to prioritize. Heritage is much better at this than Stack's and they are beating them to the punch by listing auction items much sooner.

I know many will complain about Stack's and just blow them off but I haven't had the problems with the website that others have had. My only glitch was to get my sign on/password changed and now I should be ready to roll. Yet still I wait.......................

Can anyone offer some insight as to why it takes them longer or when things might begin to show??

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are only looking at the preview, not the auction.

No other firms offer an auction preview.

I agree with you, it's good business to offer it.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what I am waiting on and what Stack's typically offers is Lot viewing the same as Heritage and all others.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like coins, but used up all my credit. I need a job to stay in business. image
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the cra* there is to buy in the world, I'd just move on to other things.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: pruebas
    You are only looking at the preview, not the auction.

No other firms offer an auction preview.

I agree with you, it's good business to offer it.

• Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense to post previews as soon as possible. If I see something in an auction I may not buy anything til

The auction to ensure funds. Or someone may want to sell a coin to have money and more time helps
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Stacks Collectors Choice Sale for July is now on line.

Also, Stacks is feverishly finishing the cataloguing of over 9000 lots that will be in their huge ANA sale. That is a boatload of lots... I'll be looking to pick up some good deals along the way. One of the few Summer ANA shows I will attend as I usually take the family on vacation in August. But, this show is in my neck of the woods and I won't miss it (although I may need to get to Hong Kong for that show by mid-August).

Any board members that are going to the show and want to grab a beer... Just send me a PM.

Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file