Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2009 Topps Basketball value

I haven't seen boxes of these come for sale recently. I am looking to buy a box or two of this. Does anyone know approximately what fair value is on an unopened box of 2009 Topps Basketball? Obviously, with how hot Curry is right now there has been an increase in value to his cards and the box, does anyone have any historical price data on this? Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Options
    I don't really collect basketball, so I don't know the answer to this: are there any other key rookies in that set?
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    i think harden and griffin
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    You've got Rubio too and Chrome parallels and refractors. Jumbo boxes come with the chance at a tag. They were really popular with Blake Griffin, not sure how many survived but they must be pricey
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I love that set. Remember, there was no Chrome boxes that year. All the Chrome cards came as inserts in the base Topps boxes. But to answer your question.....i have no idea
  • Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: slum22

I haven't seen boxes of these come for sale recently. I am looking to buy a box or two of this. Does anyone know approximately what fair value is on an unopened box of 2009 Topps Basketball? Obviously, with how hot Curry is right now there has been an increase in value to his cards and the box, does anyone have any historical price data on this? Thanks,

Slum, I think you and I are tying to do the same thing. I asked about the 2012/13 Paninin basketball (Barnes/Thompson/Green) after my searches showed nothing available OR sold on e-bay.

For some reason, unopened basketball from Panini or Curry Rookie year is hard to find. Either because of demand or limited supply.

And if you find it, it's off the charts expensive. Immaculate packs in 2012/13 go for about $200 PER card. If you find anything reasonable and need a partner, let me know.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    There's almost always a key rookie that drives up prices. Jacked up wax prices is why so many buy singles.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan--It's funny at the time that this was considered a very weak draft. All the experts thought that the previous two drafts were the loaded drafts. Jim is right, the top three from this draft are Curry, Harden and Blake Griffin (Hasheem Thabeet went 2nd overall!).

Paul--Yeah, most of the recent years have produced a top RC to chase. It looks like 2009, 2012 and 2007 will be the best years from the past decade though. 2006 and 2013 look like the dogs of the past decade

Steve
  • Options
    Is 07 Durant and 12 Davis?
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

Correct. 2007 is Durant with Horford, Noah and Conley the other better RCs. 2012 is relatively loaded with Brow, Kyrie, Kawhi, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler and Bradley Beal all having RCs in that year's sets. That is seven players likely to be all stars with several probable multiple all stars and at least one who could win an MVP.
    Steve
  • Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: slum22

Originally posted by: DanBessette

Correct. 2007 is Durant with Horford, Noah and Conley the other better RCs. 2012 is relatively loaded with Brow, Kyrie, Kawhi, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler and Bradley Beal all having RCs in that year's sets. That is seven players likely to be all stars with several probable multiple all stars and at least one who could win an MVP.

"..at least one who could win MVP..." I'm *****uming your talking about my hero Draymond
    Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.