Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Name the dealer

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
That you still haven't purchased a coin from even know they are awesome.

For me it's John Kraljevich. Great dude. Most of his coins and medals are out of my genre but I visit his site often. One day!

Mark
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the answer was going to be Realoneimage
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinnacle Rarities comes to mind.

Also, CRO.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveW
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question .

The ones that don't know me by name.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atlas Numismatics... One of these day something will talk to me I can't resist image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harry Laibstain

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    I felt honored to buy some blue PCGS slab boxes from Joel Rettew Jr. on Ebay. But I have no goal to buy from any specific big-name dealer. It the price is low and the PCGS coin is something I want, I'll buy from anyone.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them. I can't bring myself to pay retail +.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julian Leidman
  • Options

<< <i>Julian Leidman >>

Me too and Kagins.
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<All of them. I can't bring myself to pay retail +.>>

Boy ain't that the truth.... some of the asking prices are STUPID high
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All of them. I can't bring myself to pay retail +. >>

Then that makes them "not awesome" right? So the correct answer would be none of them I think??
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich Uhrich. I've sold coins to him but never bought from him. Nothing personal- I prefer to cherrypick my varieties image
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That you still haven't purchased a coin from even know they are awesome.

For me it's John Kraljevich. Great dude. Most of his coins and medals are out of my genre but I visit his site often. One day!

Mark >>

Ditto.

Also, NEN. I've won one of their forum giveaways, so I got a free coin out of them, but I've yet to become an actual paying customer. Maybe one day.

<< <i>Atlas Numismatics... One of these day something will talk to me I can't resist image >>

This, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill Jones - great dealer and great collection!
  • Options
    Gary Adkins
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All of them. I can't bring myself to pay retail +. >>

While this may be the case, many times the coins are truly stellar examples that demand retail+. The key is determining which coins are worth the premium and which are not.

I've bought from many of the dealers lister above. In some cases I have overpaid and will not see my investment back. In some cases the coins are worth well above what I paid.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Lincoln Vanderblatt. Amazing museum-quality inventory but way out of my league.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Legend
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking up some of the aforementioned...

I have dealt with quite a few of those above and some of them would not even return my call / messages. Hmph...their loss.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have dealt with most all mentioned. I go for the coin and not so much who is selling it.
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    How important is the dealer you're buying the coin from? Don't you want to purchase the coin and not the dealer? My observation is that the big dealers can tend to sell at the highest prices. Is it worth paying the premium just to know you bought from someone well-known in the numismatic community?
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP never said the dealer had to be "big", just "awesome".

He gave a great example as well.
    Another example would have been "Mark Feld", when he was dealing. I did purchase from him, and still have those coins...and they are all still great after this time.
    But, some folks may not have purchased from him (coin already sold or whatnot) and may wish they had. I take the OP's question in that frame of mind.

As for me answering the question.....probably Legend. I have come close, twice, but hesitated due to price. That aside, Legend has some awesome coins and, from what I have seen, great customer service (for those that don't go into things wanting to pick a fight with LS or anyone else).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    It never ceases to amaze me how some take it upon themselves to to hijack a thread to spread their gospel. I asked a straight forward question. it was a simple question.

Relationships with dealers can be very important in forming a collection. As import as the coin, no. But it's part of the process.

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It never ceases to amaze me how some take it upon themselves to to hijack a thread to spread their gospel. I asked a straight forward question. it was a simple question.

Relationships with dealers can be very important in forming a collection. As import as the coin, no. But it's part of the process.

mark >>

I apologize if I hijacked your thread.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRO comes to mind. hope that works
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angel Dees. Talked with them several times. Haven't closed a deal yet.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRO.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Moffat (out of Auburn, MA) who is/was heavy into exonumia, tokens, etc. He did me some good turns over the years but we generally are in different areas of the markets.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gary Adkins >>

I did my first 2 deals with them this year after just forwarding other collectors in their direction as they had stuff I knew was on their want list.

Gary Adkins is now Broadstruck Jr's favorite dealer as they send along Werther's Gold Foil Candy in a neat Gold Draw String Bag and I keep being asked if I got any more in the mail image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bob Moffat (out of Auburn, MA) who is/was heavy into exonumia, tokens, etc. He did me some good turns over the years but we generally are in different areas of the markets. >>

With such a numismatic name, he should totally make a token like the following image similar to the Merriam Brasher Doubloon Stef just got.

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It never ceases to amaze me how some take it upon themselves to to hijack a thread to spread their gospel. I asked a straight forward question. it was a simple question.

mark >>

I apologize if I hijacked your thread. >>

Not referencing you in the least

mark
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably Angel Dee's.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a hard time with this one - have bought from ALL the awesome dealers, that I know of. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

mark >>

May the good Lord bless you. image…. And I'll keep at least 2 feet away.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhymes with Canuck image
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many good dealers to choose from. Where to begin?
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Steve Fisk, he is always very helpful with everyone I see him dealing with on the buy or sell side. I have sold some to him. I will buy one one day image

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm having a hard time with this one - have bought from ALL the awesome dealers, that I know of. image >>

I'm having an easy time with this one, can't afford to buy coins from "Awesome" dealers image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671

<< <i>Good question .

The ones that don't know me by name. >>

Me to bidask.image
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raul Ramos ll.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji