Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Two Coin Holders - Any ideas for submitting a pair?

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just contacted PCGS Customer Service to inquire if they were still available, and they are, you just need to notate "Two Coin Holder" on the "Other" service line.

New-From-PCGS-Put-Two-Coins-In-One-Holder (2012)

I am kicking around the notion to submit my two 2014 Britannias (Original and Mule Obverse), but I would want to send in another pair to make it worthwhile.

Gold DE.com

Does anyone have any (realistic) ideas for another pair? Some of the obvious ones would be 1909 Indian and Lincoln Cents, 1909 with and without VDB, 1883 Shield & Liberty Head Nickels, 1913 Buffaloes Type I & II, 1942 Jefferson Proofs Type I & II, etc... I am wanting to do something...out of the ordinary, but with somewhat of a common bond.

Thank you for your interest and comments.
oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I think the Kennedy 1964 Proof / Kennedy 1964 "Accented Hair" Proofimage

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1812 Mint Set (there might be other years with just a 2 coin Mint Set, can't recall)
    Obv Toned Coin and Rev Toned Coin...of the same date/mm/grade maybe
    1936 Satin/Brilliant Pair of 1c
    1921 Morgan and 1921 Peace
    1909-S Lincoln and 1909-S IHC
    Wide AM Lincoln Cent and Normal AM Lincoln Cent of the same year.
    Obv Die Cap and Rev Die Cap of the same year

...Holy Cow, lots of ideas. image

Edit: I wish they would do a 5 coin Proof Set! They have done 5 coin quarters from State Quarters.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I used to have a 2008-W, Reverse of 2007 ASE PCGS MS69...I may give that another try with it's Normal strike cohort. image

There is something about BIG Silver...you know the kind that fills up a slab. image
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypto79, whom I believe is now banned, had a great two-coin submission he had placed into a holder-

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same date Morgan and Trade dollars.

bobimage

OR: Trade and chopped Trade of the same year.
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about 2015-P & D Jefferson Nickels for the Nickel guys? image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that's a great idea to pair up some coins.

You could do Motto/No Motto, IHC & Flying Eagle, matching toners, Leif Ericson Commemorative Proofs, Large cent and small cent, birth year and 100 years earlier

I wish you could do a number multiple demoninations in holders so I could put my type set in them.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it for coins that you really want to keep for a long while.
    While they are cool, I like them, they can be harder (more expensive), to dispose of. Not everyone may want/need both coins.

Some of the best I have seen are ones that have certain toning (say, OBV / REV) from 2 separate coins. Or any other where there is a cool difference.
    1909 IHC/Lincoln cent would be cool....as would any crossover year where you have 2 designs on 1 denomination.

At the end of the day....whatever you like for the cost of the (re)holdering

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done thick and thin Norse medals.

Also 1892 & 1893 Columbian halves.

Also 1893 Isabella quarter & Columbian half.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Morgan of same year... P01 and MS67
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1933 double eagle and 1933 eagle would be cool.

I always liked this one. It's interesting that the "PCGS Sample Panama-Pacific" text looks sharper and darker than the other insert text.

• Options
    At least I would half way there with the Pan Pac Duo.

• Options
    PanPac octogonal and round.
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1908 Saint Gauden with Motto and without Motto. MS66 DMPL Morgan with another MS66 Morgan same year.
  • Options
    1851 Humbert octagonal and 1852 Humbert octagonal
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cameo v. non-cameo:

WLH
    Mercury Dime
    Lincoln Wheat Cent
    Buffalo Nickel
    Jefferson Nickel (type I and type II)
  • Options
    While I appreciate the suggestions, some are "reaching for it"...it's always good to have a dream though. image

• Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭
    1955-S Mint Set.
    Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are mine.

42/41-P & D Overdates

1921 Dollar Set

Obv & Rev with similar coloring
  • Options
    machoponchomachoponcho Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Matching end-roll toners would be great. Or two nicely toned 58-D Franklins that came from the same double mint set, perhaps. A George Washington Dollar with edge lettering and one without. Lots of combos would work. How about a 1955 Philadelphia Cent that's normal right next to a double die in similar condition?

Thanks for the post. I was not aware PCGS offered this.
    I have existed since the creation of this world and will exist until its end. Only my form will change. For these 80 human life years, I have the benefit of having a functioning body and consciousness. I will not waste this opportunity.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam Tokens - Feb. and March dates.

Extra leaf Wisc. quarters - high and low leaf.

1857 FE Clashed with the 25c and vice versa.

Schoolgirl pattern in Silver and Copper.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Here is a set that is just incredible!

NEWP Libertas Restrike

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Crypto79, whom I believe is now banned, had a great two-coin submission he had placed into a holder-

<< <i>

i kinda miss that salty dog and the drama he created
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    The BEST coins for this thread has got to be the "Amazing Broken Split" 1884CC " Morgan Dollar". Hands down!!!.image

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The BEST coins for this thread has got to be the "Amazing Broken Split" 1884CC " Morgan Dollar". Hands down!!!.image[/q

You WIN !!!
  • Options
    How about some classics and moderns:

Morgan Reverse + SF Old Mint Silver Reverse

SF Old Mint Silver Reverse Unc + SF Old Mint Silver Reverse Mint

Liberty Head w Motto Gold Reverse + SF Old Mint Gold Reverse

SF Old Mint Gold Reverse Unc + SF Old Mint Gold Reverse Mint

• Options

<< <i>The BEST coins for this thread has got to be the "Amazing Broken Split" 1884CC " Morgan Dollar". Hands down!!!.image >>

The Amazing Broken CC

• Options
    Not mine and I have nothing to do with it but.... This One Is Pretty Cool!
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $4 Flowing Hair and Coiled Hair Stellas.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

<< <i>$4 Flowing Hair and Coiled Hair Stellas. >>

Great Idea! I'll do that next week with a few pairs that I have.
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Never knew about them.
  • Options
    I got this from "unclebob's" thread. How 'bout any MULE coins?image

• Options

<< <i>I got this from "unclebob's" thread. How 'bout any MULE coins?image >>

You mean like in the OP? image

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1917 SLQ ty 1 and ty 2.
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options

<< <i>The BEST coins for this thread has got to be the "Amazing Broken Split" 1884CC " Morgan Dollar". Hands down!!!.image >>

I think we have a WINNER !!!!!
  • Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1903-P Philippines Peso & 1903-P Morgan
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I got this from "unclebob's" thread. How 'bout any MULE coins?image >>

You mean like in the OP? image >>

Oh, DUH! I'm sorry, brain freeze.image as a matter of fact, I can thank my brain freeze for a few posts in my collection.image

• Options
    ……are these 2 coin holders available to world coins????

thanx

…..I heard they have 3 coin holders now???
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    ……are these 2 coin holders available to world coins????

thanx

…..I heard they have 3 coin holders now???
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought these two would be nice together:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list