Home Sports Talk
Options

ESPN.com - new look

larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
I had hoped the April 1st changes to ESPN.com were just an April Fools joke but apparently not. So confusing.

I now tried to log into my Insider account and it doesn't recognize my user name or email. I think I have used the same ones for 15 years.

Anybody else not in love with new ESPN? Or maybe I am alone and just an old guy who doesn't get it!?

Comments

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    I hate it mainly because the new format is incompatible with my work browser. I don't think IT would be responsive to my request for an upgrade when I proivde the reason.

But then again, I'm an old guy who doesn't get it either so maybe this new format is the greatest thing in the world.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I don't like it. I don't enjoy the "flowing" feel to all the news, I prefer it more compartmentalized since that's how my brain works
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    after Fox Sports and SI changed their web sites, I "tolerated" ESPN's site. Hate the new one. I just go to NESN and get local flavor now.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the new ESPN.com

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with everyone else - maybe i just hate change, but I find it confusing to find things as easy. I am sure I will get used to it, we'll see.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it. Everything flows easier and i think is easier to find.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    usually i just go along and adapt....i don't like this one enough that ive been visiting the espn site less and less..finding others
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    It's been two weeks and I hate the site more and more all the time. It is a complete jumble. Reminds me of New Coke.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the new layout either.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    Don't care for it plus scrolling down takes too long to load & keep up.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    I've also noticed that videos are still playing from one page even after I go to another page and start another video.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I really hate this drive to make all these website more mobile friendly. Some of the designs are just ill conceived and annoying, especially for traditional desktop users.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've also noticed that videos are still playing from one page even after I go to another page and start another video. >>

Really annoying at work.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks. Why fix something that was not broken. image
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The site must be broken I can't seem to find much about that blonde reporter that works for them that made herself look stupid the other day. image