Collections at Work : My Longoria Tribute Wall

Options
Hi All,

There was recently a "cards at work" thread that has inspired me to share my Longoria Collection that I have on display in my office. Most coworkers think I'm crazy, but I figure, what the heck, I spend the majority of my time there, so might as well have decor that I like. Please feel free to share your office space memorabilia or tribute walls. image

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

Regards,

JL

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

Comments

  • seebelow
    seebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Options
    thats awesome and a great idea. it'd relieve some of the work related stress during the day to just sit and appreciate the collection.
    i would think you would have to be mid to high level of an employee to change up an office that much. otherwise it could get the other workers...jealous.

    i would be worried about the nightly cleaning crew happening off with some items.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • dytch2220
    dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice collection and well laid out. Something like this would definitely make me appreciate my office more.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • DanBessette
    DanBessette Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭
    Options


    << <i>i would be worried about the nightly cleaning crew happening off with some items. >>



    Me too. Great collection!
  • jeffcbay
    jeffcbay Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great display!
  • jlvette50
    jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind comments. Good points brought up too. My area is not a high traffic area and that wall is facing out towards the hallway, i.e. not visable unless you come into my office. Also fortunate that our CEO has hundreds if not thousands of his own personal artwork scattered out our commonplaces, so security is high. Certainly more safe than being at my house, and plus, my wife is much happier with my "stuff" out of the house and out of the way. image

    Thanks again!

    JL

    Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

  • yankeesman
    yankeesman Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I finally got around to taking some pics of the stuff in my office. I love this thread as I thought I was the only one who brought some of this stuff to work. Most of mine is eclectic but have stories around most of it. Thanks for looking!

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • jlvette50
    jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Very cool!! I like it! I love those framed cards with the Yankee letterhead. What do the letters say? Thanks for sharing.

    JL

    Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

  • CW
    CW Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice displays there, guys. Thanks!
  • yankeesman
    yankeesman Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options


    << <i>Very cool!! I like it! I love those framed cards with the Yankee letterhead. What do the letters say? Thanks for sharing.

    JL >>



    I got the letters from Kit Young many years ago. They apparently used former players in the 70s to answer fan mail. It's a form letter saying thanks for being a fan of the Yankees signed by the former player. I thought they were cool.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • jlvette50
    jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Howdy,

    Thought I'd share new additions to opposite corner.

    image

    Baseball American signed magazine.

    image

    Acrylic Tek 1/1 from toppsvault.

    image

    Thanks for looking.

    JL

    Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

  • dennis07
    dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the line-up card for the Braves/Astros game Aug 2, 2007. Got to love a 5 hour 14 inning marathon. Chipper went 1 for 6 and played a little SS.

    Box Score
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • yankeesman
    yankeesman Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, that's why I picked up that line up card. I love the scratch through and juggling of the roster for that marathon!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com