Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Chinese coin price guide

I can't stop my laughing about the price guide listed here.
Does PCGS know what they are doing?

To me, this is a typical dealer driven price guide with tons of mis-information. Almost all rare varieties got lower price compared to the common type. ALL excessively rare coin marked at $1000 range while common ones are $25,000 and higher. I wish PCGS head-quarter can put an act together to fix these price info. If you don't know the market price, then don't put mis-led info. The US price guide is good but for Chinese coin price guide, I believe PCGS has a long way to go. Without a quick fix, your reputation will lose in the market.

Just my two cents.
an SLQ and Ike dollars lover

Comments

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Wrong forum, but thanks for sharing your informed opinion. I doubt PCGS will get your message better sending a PM to Don or emailing the staff at PCGS.com

Hopefully with the Hong Kong and Beijing offices they will get it right. One would think so.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that this is the wrong forum but it's an interesting comment and something I was wondering about myself. Perhaps you could re-post in the regular forum and other potentially knowledgeable folk could opine.

Tom

• Options

<< <i>I can't stop my laughing about the price guide listed here.
    Does PCGS know what they are doing?

To me, this is a typical dealer driven price guide with tons of mis-information. Almost all rare varieties got lower price compared to the common type. ALL excessively rare coin marked at $1000 range while common ones are $25,000 and higher. I wish PCGS head-quarter can put an act together to fix these price info. If you don't know the market price, then don't put mis-led info. The US price guide is good but for Chinese coin price guide, I believe PCGS has a long way to go. Without a quick fix, your reputation will lose in the market.

Just my two cents. >>

I agree they need someone who is more "hands-on" with CURRENT pricing!!!!
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer