Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

looking to buy ancient coins

Am looking to buy ancient coins that are graded by pcgs or ngc. Im looking for something under $ 100. I think it would be neat to add an ancient coin to collection.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS doesn't grade ancient coins. NGC does. ANACS and ICG do, or did.

I did have some NGC ancients under $100, but they're gone now.

I do still have this one in my personal collection.

I'd ask $120 for it, though. Or I'd ask $149 for my Claudius.

To be perfectly candid, you can find nice affordable stuff like this raw for much less, and send it off to NGC yourself, if you want plastic. Slabbing is not terribly popular with most collectors of ancients, so the selection is limited.

Great Collections sells certified coins and sometimes has affordable slabbed ancients, plus they have nice photography.

Some VCoins mall dealers offer NGC ancients occasionally, but you're less likely to find them in that <$100 pricerange.

And of course slabbed ancients are offered on eBay, though they are usually overpriced there.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    I found some on ebay that end today so hopefully I can pick one of them up.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP