Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March Specials?

Has anyone found out what the March specials will be? If so, please post here. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully there aren't any new twists.. Like modern only up to 1990. I would hope for a 5 dollar special any year with a 60 day turn around and another ticket special for 12 bucks... And a ticket auto special for 20 bucks.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it will be modern 1991 and newer to counter-balance the Feb. special?
  • Options
    I appreciate when the specials have no minimum quantity. I simply don't have the funds to send 25 or 50 cards at a time, even at $5 each. The most I've sent at once in a paid sub is 5 cards.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I appreciate when the specials have no minimum quantity. I simply don't have the funds to send 25 or 50 cards at a time, even at $5 each. The most I've sent at once in a paid sub is 5 cards. >>

I like your honesty. Not everyone would be comfortable saying this.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I appreciate when the specials have no minimum quantity. I simply don't have the funds to send 25 or 50 cards at a time, even at $5 each. The most I've sent at once in a paid sub is 5 cards. >>

This is true +1
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spoke to customer service about something and asked if they had the specials out yet.

I don't collect older cards so I didn't bother getting that one.

1956 to present, $6 per card, 50 card minimum, $100 or below declared value.

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

+1. I've never submitted to PSA but when I finally do, I doubt it will be more than a few cards at a time.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just spoke to customer service about something and asked if they had the specials out yet.

1956 to present, $6 per card, 50 card minimum, $100 or below declared value. >>

50 card minimum is too much. 20 is more reasonable.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just spoke to customer service about something and asked if they had the specials out yet.

1956 to present, $6 per card, 50 card minimum, $100 or below declared value. >>

Thanks. In the words of the Talking Heads, "Same as it ever was..."
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    burned all my notebooks, what good are notebooks? they won't help me survive...
  • Options

<< <i>

This is true +1 >>

I submitted 5 cards under the Feb red flip special. Including shipping and insurance there and back it was still $119. For five cards. That's alot to spend on a HOBBY. especially when you don't even have any new items to show for it.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys. As soon as I ship off my sub at $6 per, PSA will come out with a $4.50 special. image
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tax preparer, I could choose to do $75 returns all day long or do a smaller quantity for $200 a pop. Let's say the total revenue would be little higher if I did the $75 returns. Even though it would higher, I would be faced with a number of other issues.

1) Processes. The processes are basically the same for both ways, so the time commitment on the processing end is equal.
    2) Number of people. I would have a higher number of people and returns, which means more phone calls, more meetings, etc. (nonchargeable events)

PSA should and needs to set minimums for awhile if not for ever, in order to maximize processes and get the cards graded on a timely basis. if I where them I would probably even up the minimum to 100 cards per order. Their processes are the same no matter the number of cards sent in (logging in, phone calls, grading process, etc)

This only makes business sense.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 cards per order as a minimum would send me permanently off this site, and all my cards to BGS/BVG or SGC should that ever happen. Even those graded by PSA would be moved over. There should be a proper balance between the high roller subbers and the folks that quite honestly can't afford 100 subs at even $5 a card. I certainly understand the business aspect of it, don't get me wrong. But PSA ain't hurting for $$, lets not kid anybody. And at the end of the day this IS a hobby as well. And should be fun....
  • Options

<< <i>100 cards per order as a minimum would send me permanently off this site, and all my cards to BGS/BVG or SGC should that ever happen. Even those graded by PSA would be moved over. There should be a proper balance between the high roller subbers and the folks that quite honestly can't afford 100 subs at even $5 a card. I certainly understand the business aspect of it, don't get me wrong. But PSA ain't hurting for $$, lets not kid anybody. And at the end of the day this IS a hobby as well. And should be fun.... >>

At least some of you get it.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>100 cards per order as a minimum would send me permanently off this site, and all my cards to BGS/BVG or SGC should that ever happen. Even those graded by PSA would be moved over. There should be a proper balance between the high roller subbers and the folks that quite honestly can't afford 100 subs at even $5 a card. I certainly understand the business aspect of it, don't get me wrong. But PSA ain't hurting for $$, lets not kid anybody. And at the end of the day this IS a hobby as well. And should be fun.... >>

I don't know that I'd leave the site, but definitely wouldn't submit on anything other than a piggy-back order.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

At least some of you get it. >>

Yes indeed!
  • Options
    Anyone doing a sub that I can piggyback? LMK

Thanks,
    Doug
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>As a tax preparer, I could choose to do $75 returns all day long or do a smaller quantity for $200 a pop. Let's say the total revenue would be little higher if I did the $75 returns. Even though it would higher, I would be faced with a number of other issues.

1) Processes. The processes are basically the same for both ways, so the time commitment on the processing end is equal.
    2) Number of people. I would have a higher number of people and returns, which means more phone calls, more meetings, etc. (nonchargeable events)

PSA should and needs to set minimums for awhile if not for ever, in order to maximize processes and get the cards graded on a timely basis. if I where them I would probably even up the minimum to 100 cards per order. Their processes are the same no matter the number of cards sent in (logging in, phone calls, grading process, etc)

This only makes business sense. >>

yawn
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i> yawn >>

Whoa, major zinger.

I can't seem to make submitting worthwhile financially. I think it's a fun thing to do here and there, but there is so much psa stuff already out there already that it makes more sense to just buy what you want.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but there is so much psa stuff already out there already that it makes more sense to just buy what you want.

Are you saying I shouldn't do any more late night rips??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>but there is so much psa stuff already out there already that it makes more sense to just buy what you want.

Are you saying I shouldn't do any more late night rips?? >>

If somehow that magical post will stop them, then yes.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    Are the march specials up anywhere yet?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    If anyone has a bunch ready to go, send me a PM or call 774-573-1731

Got a bulk sub going in.

Would need a min. 200-250+

discounted!

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    I only have about 20 modern and about 15 vintage.. So prob struggling just to make a 25 card min.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Still no March special posted.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I was searching around as well....may just make a phone call.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>If anyone has a bunch ready to go, send me a PM or call 774-573-1731

Got a bulk sub going in.

Would need a min. 200-250+

discounted! >>

You got a rate less than $6 for 200 cards?
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The specials are live now.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Any word on march specials? They are usually out by now
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any word on march specials? They are usually out by now >>

They were posted earlier yesterday. Here you go.
  • Options
    How common is the $10, 20 day, all years, no min quantity? In other words, if I pass it up is it likely to be available again in a couple months?
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    If anyone plans on organizing a group sub, I'd like to join up. I probably only have 10-15 cards to sub, though.