Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANA show in Atlanta

TiborTibor Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is anyone planning on going to the ANA show in Atlanta at the end
of February? I collect Early Dated European coins and would like to
meet with other collectors regardless of collecting interest. I am a
30+ year member of the ANA. I hope to meet some of you.

Comments

• Options
    JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a home in suburban Atlanta so I will definitely be there.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have a table there doing photography and selling Morgans.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    I'll be at #520-522
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there.
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there! I have never been to Atlanta and am really looking forward to this show. (I'll also be exhibiting my Penny Potpourri exhibit again.)
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there, at the Whitman Publishing booth and around the bourse.

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be there.

Table 427 - Holsonbake Numismatics

Stop by and say hello !

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Maybe a group of us could go out for dinner. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be set up. For those who are budget minded. I got the Courtyard behind Cumberland Mall(borderline walking distance) for $56 + tax on a priceline express deal.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really really really want to be there but the odds are against me. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    copperhuntercopperhunter Posts: 925 ✭✭✭
    I will be! I am very stoked about going, as my office is a block from the venue. I will be there that Friday.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That part of Atlanta will be like being in the suburbs

Wish I were there...
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going! image
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I won't be going, but if I did I would definitely have to take some time away from the show to go to the Coca-Cola museum. image
    Matt
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Check out the Georgia Aquarium, too, if you have time --- it's amazing!

World of Coca-Cola . . . the Fabulous Fox Theatre . . . the Varsity . . .

If you like Asian and/or Mexican / Latino food, you can drive up and down Buford Highway and pick 100 excellent restaurants, large and small.

Margaret Mitchell House . . . the Atlanta Botanical Garden . . . the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Site . . . Jimmy Carter Library and Museum . . . Turner Field . . . the High Museum of Art . . . the Center for Puppetry Arts . . . Zoo Atlanta . . . local theater and improv . . . the Atlanta Cyclorama and Civil War Museum . . . There's a LOT to see and do in Atlanta!

The new Skyview ferris wheel, downtown . . . if you collect paper money, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta has a museum on Peachtree Street . . .

Shopping at Atlantic Station . . . the Fernbank Science Center and Museum of Natural History . . .

These ideas are just scratching the surface. If you can bring your spouse and kids along, go for it. There's plenty to entertain.

• Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    I will be there at my table, start to finish. Please stop by and say hello.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I will be there for most of the show.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    CRO will be at table #513 for the duration.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich Uhrich Rare U. S. Coins Inc. will have a nice selection of Bust and Seated coins, plus some great toned coins from other series, at Table #823 for the entire show.

Stop by and say hello!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    BarberFanaticBarberFanatic Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be attending for sure... just not sure what day/days yet... probably Friday. Any Barber enthusiasts interested in meeting up for dinner?
    My current coin collecting interests are: (1) British coins 1838-1970 in XF-AU-UNC, (2) silver type coins in XF-AU with that classic medium gray coloration and exceptional eye appeal.
  • Options
    panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend and I are making plans to go as I type. Need to find a way to get down to The Varsity and eat some hotdogs as it is on my bucket list.
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who plans to be there and has an interest in seated liberty material (especially halves), please reply or PM me.
    I would like to get a group together for dinner, maybe Thursday night.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the show details? This isn't the monthly Marietta show is it??
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ANA show >>

Ah, thanks. I'll be there half hunting.
  • Options

<< <i>What are the show details? This isn't the monthly Marietta show is it?? >>

That question did give me a big Grin! image
  • Options

<< <i>I will be attending for sure... just not sure what day/days yet... probably Friday. Any Barber enthusiasts interested in meeting up for dinner? >>

We are staying in town so would be up for a get together Cary! image
  • Options

<< <i>I will be attending for sure... just not sure what day/days yet... probably Friday. Any Barber enthusiasts interested in meeting up for dinner? >>

The only night I can't make it is when these hit the podium:

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

<< <i>I will be there.

Stop by and say hello ! >>

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I will be there.

Stop by and say hello ! >>

>>

In for a Barber Dinner Mike?...or will you have a full belly from gnawing your fingernails down to the quick? image

Edit to add we are close! My table is 436!
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to attend, any info on where and when?
    Thanks
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to attend, any info on where and when?
    Thanks >>

feb 27 - mar 1
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you MM.
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be there for the duration at table #530
  • Options
    I'll be there, too! Though I know I'm brand new to these forums and no one knows me enough to care yet. image

Table #213!

Numismatist, Alhambra Coin Center

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• Options
    Would love to have all forum members stop by my table (No. 528), say hi, pick up a copper coin card, and let me take your photo for my coin show report. Be sure to watch out for flying corks in the afternoon!! image

Also, we will be having a WIN (Women in Numismatics) general meeting open to anyone, men too, on Saturday morning, March 1, at 9:00 a.m. in Room 120. I will be giving audio visual presentation on penny exonumia.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>… we will be having a WIN (Women in Numismatics) general meeting open to anyone, men too, on Saturday morning… >>

Men are invited? Are you playing matchmaker? image

Really glad to see the positive responses here. As a resident of Atlanta for over 23 years, I'm obviously thrilled the ANA is coming back. image

A few notes:
    • Hip locals refer to ourselves as ATLiens (like aliens) and the city as ATL so if you tweet or Facebook, do that image
    • nobody says "the dirty south" anymore, and certainly not "the dirty dirty" ... so don't do that image (this is also true of the "Bankhead Bounce" dance)
    • If you enjoy live Blues, I'll be playing hammond with some great cats at Steve's Live Music on Thursday night. You'll need a car to get there, but it ain't far (that means is not). PM for details.
    • there's a ton of food options - including some nice sit-down restaurants and a decent mall - up/down Cobb Parkway (extremely near the venue) so DO NOT feel forced to eat "fast food" or "convenience store" foodstuffs during your stay
    • there is NO marta / rail transit from/near the venue, so if you plan to travel the city you'll need a car image
    • traffic will be heavy on I-75 North from approx. 4-7 PM on Thursday, and 3-7 PM on Friday. Saturday traffic will be much much lighter. Traffic on I-285 eastbound will likely be stop/go (yeah, really heavy) by 4 PM on Thurs/Fri so if you must go that way leave earlier.
    • people here like to say "stop light" when referring to traffic lights (yes, even if it happens to be green at the time). So do not drive endlessly looking for an actual stop light. Just assume they mean traffic lights. Or just use the GPS on your smartphone image
    If you are stuck with four flat tires, no gas money, and bleeding on the sidewalk, please feel free to call me @ 404-433-1071. I'll be there Tues and Wed from 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM, and Thursday from noon - 4:00 PM. I will probably be there Fri / Sat, but my hours on those days are not yet solidified.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>If you enjoy live Blues, I'll be playing hammond with some great cats at Steve's Live Music on Thursday night. You'll need a car to get there, but it ain't far (that means is not). PM for details. >>

Love blues music and would love to see you perform - please provide details and we'll try and catch your performance on Thursday night!
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there all 3 days walking the floor.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Has the ice melted yet?image
    Paul
  • Options
    copperhuntercopperhunter Posts: 925 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Just to let everyone know, PCGS Photography will be at the Atlanta ANA show. This will be Chrissie Good's first solo show, but I will be in close contact with her of course.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there any one have GSA what list let me know if I can help youimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there another 3 day show, same weekend, in the greater Chicago. How will all the dealers fill those shows?

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options

<< <i>Isn't there another 3 day show, same weekend, in the greater Chicago. How will all the dealers fill those shows?

Leo >>

I have a good friend who is part owner of that show. Needless to say he is very unhappy with the ANA stepping on their show. The ANA could have contacted them and they could have changed their dates. The ANA didn't announce their dates until it was too late and they surely knew well before they posted their show dates.

Seems the ANA has pretty well filled their show.
  • Options
    I will be there the entire time at tables 709-711. Please stop by and say hello.

njcc
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    Heading out in a couple days - we've been having 80 degree weather here in SoCal so now I will finally have to break out the winter coat and sweaters!
  • Options

The ANA plans their shows 1-2 years in advance. This should be plenty
    of notice for coin show promoters. Besides, there is over 700 miles
    between the 2 shows. This should give smaller local dealers a chance
    to set up at the Chicago show.
  • Options
    Shrub68Shrub68 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Will attend Thursday and a half day Friday!
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will attend Thursday and a half day Friday! >>

Don't work to hard Jim!!!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file