Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Chinese 1914 "Fatman" Dollar varieties

I picked up a few of these recently, and I'm trying to find a solid source for 'cherrypicking' them. There are tons of varieties apparently, but I can't find a website that breaks it down in a simple manner, with pictures. Anyone know of a good one?

Comments

• Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    for what it's worth they're all 1914 (i think). a couple have the 'O' reverse (variety 329.4).. 1 is weak yet the coin is UNC. some have slight differences in the 3rd & 4th characters (obverse). some have connected 'triangles' on the reverse (yuan?), some don't. all have reeded edges. i'm thoroughly lost.. but i'm slowly making progress here. a few varieties are pretty valuable, so i want to figure this out. might send at least one in to get graded.

also, a variety reference site for chinese 1927 dollars would be helpful too. and 1934.... image

HELP.......! image
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    ttt
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Are you familiar with this site?

link

It might be helpful.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I some times go to PCGS price gide and on the top it will say chinese price gide click it and look there you can find some of the varieties you are looking for with the prices....Hope this helps.image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you familiar with this site?

link

It might be helpful. >>

I am now image thanks
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE