Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Crossover Candidates--"HIGH GRADE"

Was bored.

Comments

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you hogging all the good cards!???

imageimage
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    That '66 Aaron is smokin. That looks like a 10 to me.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Mrmint23,
    The 61 Mantle I bought as an SGC 88. I've never tried to cross it over. I rarely crack out these type of cards and don't want to pay $35 to "EXPRESS" grade the card. Do you have knowledge of the card being sent to multiple companies? Sometimes I don't know where you're coming from in my posts.

Mickey71
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Thought it was this one...But the print dots are different.
  • Options
    Was that the 8PD that I got on EBAY about 3 years ago? I bought one that I thought the PD was very minor and strong everywhere else. Cracked it out and it received a straight 7. Thought it had a chance at an 8.

Mickey71
  • Options
    Hi Doug,
    In regards to the 66 Aaron.....it's the best I have ever seen. I've viewed my share of 9's on this card. I sent it in on a crossover with the 62 in an 88 and neither crossed. This was a free sub for 90% completion on the registry. Will send in again sometime. Scared to crack out very high grade cards such as this; but that's what may have to happen in this case. Have a great holiday and New Year.

To all that have been wondering...........my health is doing well. Going to my regular check ups and regularly working at my job for the military. I really look forward to 2013. The New Year has a much deeper meaning to me now. Thanks to all the kind folks who have prayed and worried about me. Doug actually came and visited me when I was in the hospital. He brought therapy in plastic cases.image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good looking '62 Aaron (SGC 88) too. image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Danny,
    To say you're bored and posting cards is great news. I know you didn't have the strength at times to even deal with cards this year and I'm so happy you are bouncing back. Good to see your cards as usual and wish you the best in 2013. We need to get together soon. Take care. Doug
  • Options
    66 Aaron is amazing...send it to me, you have my address!
  • Options
    My amateur opinion is that 13 of the 19 should cross. Here are the six I would NOT send:

1. '73 Schmidt (both top corners)
    2. '62 Aaron SGC 88 (looks miscut to me)
    3. '63 Koufax (bottom right corner + way too much chipping)
    4. the top '62 Mantle (top right corner. VERY lucky to be in the holder it's currently in IMO)
    5. '64 Mantle SGC 88 (washed out image)
    6. '69 Mantle (centering)

Let us know how you do, and I am also glad to hear you're feeling better!
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'd crack the 66 Aaron and the 61 Mantle. Both are worth taking the chance I think. Glad you are doing well!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    that '66T Aaron is superb, also liking the '61 Mick & '63 Hank. top 3 of the post.

dunno about crossover potential, but these are beauties right here. Happy New Year, enjoy the quest for more gems. image