Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2 more '58 FB Cellos bite the dust!!! Merry Christmas

ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 11, 2018 8:25PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
I've had these two '58 FB Cellos for several months that I have been keeping for a Christmas rip. Both of these packs were PSA 7s and both had some pretty nice cards inside. I love ripping these packs, 27 HOFers in a set of 132 cards!

The first pack turned out to be an interesting one in that it only contained 6 unique cards! Yes, you heard that right every card had a duplicate. Now image if it contained some nice HOFs, maybe even a Cleveland Brown HOFer! In fact the pack contained 3 HOFers including a Brown. Sadly it wasn't THE Brown but two nice Grozas was a nice hit.

Here they are:

The second pack yielded some more nice HOFers although no major ones.

Thanks for watching...

Comments

• mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    nice cards!! i bought either seven or eight of these packs a year ago; all are psa graded and are 7's and 8's except for one that was a 5; opened the 5 on christmas day last year with my buddy and got about three or four dupes within the pack; i know two were packers team cards, also got a few of the ones you got including em tunnell; cards were pack fresh (as the saying goes) but the centering was for the most part horrendous (the tunnell was the best card in the pack: an easy 8, maybe a 9); havent opened any of the others though (one has a gifford on the front; that one will never be opened!!)

it never ceases to amaze me how poor the quality control was back then; its bad enough they couldnt cut the cards properly but its equally bad that they couldnt properly distribute them into the packs either!!image
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Wow! I would love to open a 50's pack. Great looking cards.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Wow! Now that's an awsome rip. Some nicely centered ones in the second pack!
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    In the second pack, you got George, Ringo, and John, but no Paul. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    um. because.......Paul is dead. image
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Neato!!!! that Bill George could grade nicely.lots of nice cards there.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

• << <i>In the second pack, you got George, Ringo, and John, but no Paul. image

Nick >>

Paul Hornung may be hiding on the Packer team card.
  • Thanks for sharing!