Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Question about getting a set "fixed"

I know it starts with contacting PSA, but what are the odds of getting a set adjusted to be correct? I just took a look at a couple of 1969 team sets I was looking to start, and both actually contain WL and YL variations, which seeemd odd to me. Anyone think that's OK for those sets, or should there be Basic and Master ones?
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    I could never understand why a basic team set would have cards in that are included in the master set. 1969 is a great example, pretty tough and pricey to complete the Yankee team with both Mantle and Stottlemyre WL needed. 1973 is the same way, every team set has the tough variation of the manager card needed for completion. You can try and contact Cosetta, but I agree there should be a basic team set and then a master team set too.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    In my experience, if you have your facts straight and make a logical case to PSA, then it's fairly easy to have a registry set corrected. I've done it (and seen it done) several times.

Scott
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Printing errors should not be included in a basic set, however they might be included in the master. If both sets do not exist PSA should fix this issue.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    These variations aren't errors, but intentional changes at Topps.

IMO team sets should be master-set like, but I don't collect by team sets.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>These variations aren't errors, but intentional changes at Topps.

IMO team sets should be master-set like, but I don't collect by team sets.

Nick >>

I agree with your distinction on errors/ changes, but I really disagree with the idea of Team Sets containing all variations. Take the 69 Yankees team for example - when a PSA 2 White Letter Mantle will cost you almost $250, and even a 6 is almost $800, that really puts a stranglehold on completing a simple team set in high grade.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq