Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Major Thrift Store Find!

And by major, I mean I found baseball cards. I go to a nearby Goodwill once a week or so, to look for sports books, and happened upon some cards today.

They had about a dozen boxes of 1984 Donruss Champions baseball. (?) Apparently, it's these:

Anywho, I'd never seen them before, so I bought 5 of the better looking boxes. All of the boxes but one were taped shut, but I don't think they were searched, as there was a Babe Ruth on top.

Are these worth a hoot?

In addition, I found a brand spanking new Orioles New Era cap (in my size!)

I also found a copy of Ed Hearn's book, "Conquering Life's Curves", signed by the one and only Ed Hearn!

For all the Ed Hearn super collectors on the board, I will part with the book. Please form a single file line, and bring your BEST offers up front.

I'll post pictures of my "haul" later.
My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

Comments

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Nice find...That is where I go to buy all of my "experienced" clothing--no need to break it in.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭
    "experienced" clothing .. nice turn of phrase
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spanktastic find!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met my wife at Goodwill. She had her own cart and I needed a place to put my returnable bottles.
    Mike
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    LOL...last time i was at goodwill, the lady working there was chasing an elderly guy out of the store....she told me he just sh*t in one of the isles and he does that all the time.....nice
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>LOL...last time i was at goodwill, the lady working there was chasing an elderly guy out of the store....she told me he just sh*t in one of the isles and he does that all the time.....nice >>

Ivan ... that's funny as Sh*t ... what town?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>LOL...last time i was at goodwill, the lady working there was chasing an elderly guy out of the store....she told me he just sh*t in one of the isles and he does that all the time.....nice >>

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week! LMAO! image
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Here's pics of my horde. The cards look good! Anybody want a box?

My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Those sealed boxes go for about $20/e shipped. So if you paid under that you did well.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Sure, what not. how much?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    who is john garthman?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

That's the most hilarious post of the week and it's Wednesday!! LMAO too! Need a cleanup in isle 2 near the Big and Tall used underwear...

"Whomever bought those Donruss boxes they should be NRMINT, but most will get a ST qualifier. A day in the freezer should harden the material, and some should scrape off".
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

That's the most hilarious post of the week and it's Wednesday!! LMAO too! Need a cleanup in isle 2 near the Big and Tall used underwear...

"Whomever bought those Donruss boxes they should be NRMINT, but most will get a ST qualifier. A day in the freezer should harden the material, and some should scrape off". >>

I worked several years at night stocking shelves in one of our local grocery stores and this type of stuff happens more than you would think......usually they make it in or almost into the rest rooms before busting a move but more than once they performed live in the store aisles......I remember one time a guy was walking down an aisle leaving a trail and didn't even know it......glad I didn't have to clean it up.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    I know the Mets get bashed for their trades (Ryan, Dykstra, Kent), but didn't they trade Ed Hearn for David Cone?
  • Options
    Try having 4 naked men hands on shoulder in a parade when you deliver a pizza and them asking you in so they can pay you.
  • Options
    stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    From David Cone's bio page:

March 27, 1987: Traded by the Kansas City Royals with Chris Jelic to the New York Mets for Rick Anderson, Mauro Gozzo and Ed Hearn.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    try delivering pizza on crutches with a torn ACL
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>From David Cone's bio page:

March 27, 1987: Traded by the Kansas City Royals with Chris Jelic to the New York Mets for Rick Anderson, Mauro Gozzo and Ed Hearn. >>

Good lord.

My LSU Autographs