Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What does 'SP' Mean

Sometimes I see auctions listed with 'SP' in the title. Does this mean short print, or is it an acronym for some type of modern set?

Here's an example

As long as we're clearing things up, what's the 'T4' mean in this title, is this a card set?

Comments

• Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    SP means short print. There also was a Upper Deck card brand SP/SP Authentic from 1993-2009
  • Options

<< <i>Sometimes I see auctions listed with 'SP' in the title. Does this mean short print, or is it an acronym for some type of modern set?

Here's an example

As long as we're clearing things up, what's the 'T4' mean in this title, is this a card set? >>

It means Super Boobs!!!

Yeehahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    In vintage set too, in most cases it means the card is "short printed" (printed in less numbers than the average card in set), but it can also mean "single print", as opposed to double print.

examples of SP and DP............ 1/2 of the 1947 D305 Bond Bread set is "SP", much of the 1949 Leaf set is "SP", on the other hand the 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #144 is "DP" (double printed), and the overrated 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card is also a "DP" card, etc.
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    Id like to know what "T4" means in that title too. ??? might have something to do with the card number ???

In vintage baseball cards....... "T4" is the ACC# (American Card Catalog) for the very rare 1911 Obak Cabinet Premiums
  • Options
    T4 is the card number, the seller states it in their description.

<< <i>You are bidding on a 1957-58 Parkhurst Bob Pulford rare rookie SP card, card #T4 >>

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Neil,
    Can we see an example of what you mean?
    Thanks,
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

<< <i>Neil,
    Can we see an example of what you mean?
    Thanks,