Home Precious Metals
Options

Congress and the "The Air You Breathe Tax"

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
A human being uses about 550 liters of pure oxygen (19.42 cubic feet) per day.
$.50 cents per cubic foot, $10 a day x 300 million people = $3 billion per day for the "Air You Breathe Tax"
Good idea? Could this actually be implemented? Have they already looked into this?
3 billion a day x a year = 1,095,000,000,000. Little over a trillion a year, it would make a dent in the debt.
Don't like it don't breathe image
World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Just as long as Congress doesn't tax my Methane production (after eating at Taco Bell)

ps. I only go there for the napkins image
  • Options
    They just might, solution don't eat at Taco Bell image

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just as long as Congress doesn't tax my Methane production (after eating at Taco Bell)

ps. I only go there for the napkins image >>

this speaks volume or at least says it but dont give them any ideas image
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    morgansforever, I'd be willing to bet that someone somewhere has already tossed that idea around.... makes about as much sense as the carbon tax offsets to me.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    <<I'd be willing to bet that someone somewhere has already tossed that idea around.... makes about as much sense as the carbon tax offsets to me. >>

I was totally being sarcastic, maybe I should keep my mouth shut image
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the EPA did in fact this year declare your breath CO2 as a pollutant. Very easily could be a greeny tax proposed.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the CO2 that blowhards expel on a daily basis!!!

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also recall the EPA classifying CO2 as a pollutant/contributor to global warming. Even though there was much push back from the scientific community as to the validity of this. The fact that the EPA has done so, sets the stage for LOTS of regulations... and taxes..... that can now follow. An example may be how many heads of cattle a rancher may be able to raise at a time. And... perhaps a way of controlling your family size. After all, if you are deciding to bring another individual into this world, who will be spewing more of this toxic pollutant into the pristine air owned by the benevolent government, then perhaps it is only right that you should compensate in some manner...

Is this where we are heading? Beats me. Just saying..... common sense does not seem to matter much any more. Just more regulations telling you what you can and cannot do, just more freedom being lost every day, just less control that you have on your everyday life.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    CO2 is a greenhouse gas, so is water vapor.

i have yet to have a believable answer to the scare graphs that show an increase in methane and CO2 in the atmosphere are causing climate change/global warming whatever. methane is .0001379% and CO2 .0039%

nitrogen is ~78% O2 is ~21%

the concentration of methane is much much much higher in D.C.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is November 2012...i hope. image