Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2011 National Roll Call

Who is planning on attending this years National in Chicago?

I plan on being there Friday and Saturday.

Anyone interested in buying, selling or trading in the hotels let me know as I am a few folks from the boards are staying at the Hilton.

Anyone interested in getting together for dinner on Friday, there is a good pizza place near the convention center.
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Friday night is the Net54 dinner at the Hyatt.....Great thing about it is everything is free if you are a registered Net54 member and RSVP..
    Net54
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    As of right now I'm planning to be there Friday evening for the Net54 dinner (actually I'll probably be too late for the dinner but will be there for drinks image) and will be at the show all day Saturday and Sunday morning. I'd be up for a CU dinner Saturday evening if anyone is interested.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    I'll be there.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Since I work not far from Rosemont I will be there. Probably Saturday only!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there broadcasting live. Very live.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I will be at the Rosemont Hilton arriving Wed for the sneak preview and leaving late Friday afternoon.I will be solo so I would not mind getting together and talk cards,eat and gun down a few beers. LMK
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    yep, im planing on being there all week
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    in Tuesday, out Friday.

bringing my appetite.
  • Options
    I'll be there at booth #1033...
    coming with 5 employees and 4 workstations with scanners and internet...

anybody who beats me in ARM WRESTLING gets $100.00
    stop by and say hello and TRY !!!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    how 'bout just thumbs for 20? image
  • Options
    how 'bout just thumbs for 20?
    my thumbs are both double jointed....wouldn't be a fair fight...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I'LL BRING HER WITH ME RICK. I'LL TAKE 5 $20 BILLS. THANK YOU.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be.....here! image
  • Options
    Me and the Mrs should be there all day Friday.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Friday night is the Net54 dinner at the Hyatt.....Great thing about it is everything is free if you are a registered Net54 member and RSVP..
    Net54 >>

I am a member but very inactive and go over occasionally to lurk. I don't know enough folks there to hang out for dinner.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>

<< <i>Friday night is the Net54 dinner at the Hyatt.....Great thing about it is everything is free if you are a registered Net54 member and RSVP..
    Net54 >>

I am a member but very inactive and go over occasionally to lurk. I don't know enough folks there to hang out for dinner. >>

I don't either. I post VERY sporatically and use it more for the BST than anything. But it'll be a way to meet some more people in the hobby. And it's free booze. image
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Wow! I have an account on NET54 but rarely use it. But if free booze is involved count me in. I'm bringing my dad who is 65 years old and he like anything free.....
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there also! Looing forward to seeing everyone there.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    SullyknowsSullyknows Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Is it worth it to just go Sunday?

Sully
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll be there at booth #1033...
    coming with 5 employees and 4 workstations with scanners and internet...

anybody who beats me in ARM WRESTLING gets $100.00
    stop by and say hello and TRY !!! >>

Well, this card geek took 2nd in an arm wrestling competition so I'd be up for that!
    But I'm not going ... maybe next year
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there hanging out at the PSA and Press Pass booths and just plain old having fun

Can't wait!

Logan
  • Options
    Evening,

I'll be there Weds afternoon through Sun morning. Staying at the Crowne something Hotel across the street from the convention center. Up for anything at just about anytime!! May just have to go over and join net54 for the free booze!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Evening,

I'll be there Weds afternoon through Sun morning. Staying at the Crowne something Hotel across the street from the convention center. Up for anything at just about anytime!! May just have to go over and join net54 for the free booze!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

I'm guessing you already have plans for Thursday . . . Well, at least for a few minutes... image

May just have to RSVP for the booze . . . after dinner elsewhere.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'm guessing you already have plans for Thursday . . . Well, at least for a few minutes... image
    >>

Scott - reminds me of your buddy at Camden Yards last year, the cougar hunter!

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

>>

Scott - reminds me of your buddy at Camden Yards last year, the cougar hunter! >>

I thought that was your buddy . . .
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    I'm in Chicago so will definitely be going at least one day. Right now I'm thinking of taking off work thursday and spending the day there. Might go again on saturday or sunday depending on how thursday pans out. I'm hoping to find some low numbered Marvin Harrisons and finish off my 72 and 74 Topps FB sets.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Evening,

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

May just have to RSVP for the booze . . . after dinner elsewhere. >>

Scott,

Nope that thurs will not be happening!!!image Wife will be in Colorado!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there Tuesday thru Sat...
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I'm in for business that week, but will only be able to come by on Wednesday evening and Thursday until about lunch time. I'm staying at the Doubletree Monday-Thursday.
  • Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there from thursday through Saturday.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    CARDSANDCOINSCARDSANDCOINS Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    I will be there Wednesday & Sunday
    Tim
  • Options
    I'm a maybe depending on eye surgery this Monday --- the Doctor is hoping that he can put in a bubble that enables me to travel --if so, I'll be there for my 29th straight National.

If not, oh well, my eyes are more important

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Hope you get to go rich... I know Leon will be lost without you...take care and hope to see you there .
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    i am leaving tomm afternoon and will only be able to be there friday all day hope to have some pics up if possible...hopefully some nice older wax or rack boxes or cases...terry
  • Options
    Leaving for Chicago tomorrow after work, Cubs game on Friday, National on Sat. Can't wait! (in the bart scott voice)
    Workin on:71 Topps Baseball, PSA 7 or better, Dan Marino Master Set
    Sportlots inventory:
    splot
    My eBay store:
    ebay
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Will be there all day Friday....
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Leaving tomorrow at 7:00am, will be there for the opening at 10:00. Will also be there Friday.

See you there

Shawn
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Anyone out there need a +1 for the Net54 dinner? I couldn't get through their strict screening policy, apparently. ;-)
  • Options
    californiacards3californiacards3 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I am incoming Friday morning thru Sunday

Barry
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Edit to reflect tickets are gone.

Snorto~
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Staying at the Hilton here, anyone else?
  • Options
    having a great time
    stop by and say hello
    booth #1033
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Rick,
    Good luck with the show and bring me back a nice 1959 Mays.image

Danny
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Talked to Rick. Great guy.

There was a burglary at the Hyatt last night & at least one dealer was victimized. I hope they find the pond scum
    & administer some Texas justice.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>some Texas justice. >>

Would that be "the needle"?

God Bless Texas!!
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Apparently a dealer was arrested at the National for seller fake "game worn" jerseys. I heard the buzz on the floor and it made the news as well, but I didn't catch the dealers name.

Snorto~

Edit: Just saw there was a separate post on this here.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to hear all this bad news.
  • Options
    awesome show so far...people are spending money and there is a buzz on the floor...
    the CU community is awesome...I met over 25 CU members so far....great guys !!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    Look forward to meeting some of you. Heading to the crown plaza now, then it's game time!!

Hope to meet some of you!

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>Apparently a dealer was arrested at the National for seller fake "game worn" jerseys. I heard the buzz on the floor and it made the news as well, but I didn't catch the dealers name.

Snorto~

Edit: Just saw there was a separate post on this here. >>

Every year something weird goes on like that.

Cuffed and stuffed. It takes a pretty big set of balls to sell a jersey two times that has been deemed not authentic.

I remember one year the FBI came in and talked to either Maestro or Heritage. I think it involved a NC Jordan warmup. No one was cuffed and dragged out though.

Another year OJ just shows up and starts signing autographs.