Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Anyone own a "Printers Loupe"?

looks like something that would be good to use when examining cards for submitting.

i have a jewelers loupe, and it doesn't do much for me, and im looking for alternative
ways to examine raw cards.

if you guys have any other tool suggestions, i'd appreciate it.

-Eric
Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>looks like something that would be good to use when examining cards for submitting.

i have a jewelers loupe, and it doesn't do much for me, and im looking for alternative
    ways to examine raw cards.

if you guys have any other tool suggestions, i'd appreciate it.

-Eric >>

Yep, I bought a Carson LumiLoupe 10X one with a snap on reticle. Great for measuring centering, and it allows in plenty of light.

Linky
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • many are on sale on Feebay. use a 20 or 40 x.

At first, when I read the title of your post, I thought that you wanted to borrow one without paying for it, as many who ask for the latest prices on VCP do.
    In the USA all men are created equal but some are more equal than others....
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>many are on sale on Feebay. use a 20 or 40 x.

At first, when I read the title of your post, I thought that you wanted to borrow one without paying for it, as many who ask for the latest prices on VCP do. >>

Personally, I wouldn't get anything stronger than a 10x for cards, or you'll end up rejecting everything and miss out on some gradeable ones. By and large, PSA doesn't use loupes, so you're only trying to make sure you see MORE than they do, not trying to see EVERYTHING.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • californiacards3californiacards3 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    http://www.konus.com/prodotti.php?id_c=5&id_p=312#

I swear by this. 10x Konus loupe

Regards

Barry
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)