Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

PNC's & FDC's

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any information about PNC's (Philatelic & Numismatic Covers) or FDC's (First Day Covers)?

Or information about the companies that made them
Nuphil Associates Ltd. of Christchurch, New Zealand
HUTT COMMEMORATIVES LTD New Zealand

Or if anyone knows of any books or catalogs about which countries they were made for and the years?

Thanks for any help on this

Comments

• Hans Worbes has produced three magnificent catalogs for East & West German PNCs up to about 2004

Doris Walker produced The Orange Book of PNCs listing issues by the 99 Company in the US. I have the first issue dated 1970

Philswiss produced catalogs of PNCs they produced - last issue was 1996 I think. Google "Numisbrief Katalog"

Jim Oppermann produced a text only book called "No illusions philatelic numismatic combinations catalog" in 1985. This listed over 6500 PNCs from around the world. I've been unable to find one of these. Anyone got one for sale? image
  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got about 8 PNCs from the UK that I'd love to find a good home for.... image

They are quite nice, but nobody collects them (anymore?).
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to see some Fleur du Coin photos and learn what PNC meant ... image

edited to add: TONS of photos, really! here on the WBCC site. Something told me to check and voila, they got 'em. I've been a member for years. If you like bi-metallics you should consider joining image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    macjxl, please turn on your PM function so that I can reply to you.
  • Done.
    Sorry about that. Newby disease. image