Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1812 Bust Half Newp

This should arrive in a couple days. I couldn't resist purchasing it. I can't find anything I don't like....at least in the sellers photos. If you have a cool new Bust Half purchase post it here. I love to see coins you guys are picking up.

Comments

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageI'm guessing AU-50
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason that one looks familiar. image

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    LVGTLVGT Posts: 503
    Is this an ex Lane coin??? It's in a PCGS XF 45 holder.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this an ex Lane coin??? It's in a PCGS XF 45 holder. >>

No...actually it would probably not be an "ex-" as it is a nice coin and it would be tough to part with it. I just think that I saw it recently and passed on it because it is an Overton I already have in the collection.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice 1812, Garrett! Looks like a winner. Very original.

Here is a newp. Nothing major...a decent 1808/7. Still looking for a sweet 1808 AU.
    Lance.

imageimage
  • Options
    I like the coin Lance. What did that grade? I was just thinking over the weekend how I would like to pick up a nice 1808/7. I'd like it to be a solid 45, so I need to be patient and make sure the appropriate funds to act when I see it. Of course, I could say the same thing about quite a few of the coins in this series!!!
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an NGC AU50. But I figure PCGS will say XF. It's all good as I paid XF money for it.

Take your time and be selective!
    Lance.
  • Options
    zap1111zap1111 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    Looks like a very nice, sort of dusty O.110. Nice double clash.
    zap1111
    102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
    BHNC #198
  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great advice Lance......sometimes being patient and waiting for the right coin to come along is the HARDEST thing to do, but when you finally find the right coin, you look back and say to yourself, "boy, am I glad I waited for this one"

Nice 1812 LVGT....love the look. Very original IMO.

As an aside........this was my first 1808/7 I bought a few years ago.....it was originally in a NGC 50 holder which I crossed to a PCGS 45. I loved the look of this one and had a hard time parting with it when it came time to upgrade it to my current PCGS 55......but looking back, I'm glad I waited until I found the right look as I'm quite fond of my current set piece.

Patience is key in building a quality and eye appealing set.

imageimage
  • Options
    I appreciate the advice guys. In the last few months since I started collecting these I have made several impluse buys. A few vf xf coins that had something to them that jumped out at me and the price was right for the coins. I will end up selling these at some point... I get much more satisfaction out of owning a real quality example for the grade. If I lose a hundred bucks or so on transaction costs, that is fine with me. Well worth the lesson.

DRDDM - I saw both of your 1808/7's on coin zip and agree you made the right decision! What a look to that 55.
  • Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks LVGT.

Believe me when I say I've made my share of impulse buys as well and have also lost money along the way in selling and upgrading, but as you say, it is well worth the lesson.

I think I have learned quite a lot from this forum and also over at coinzip.com, not to mention the many CBH collectors I've come to know since starting my collection.

Enjoy the hunt LVGT and as Mr. Hall says, "Have fun with your coins"

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll guess au-50, the coin looks great. I have an 1812 I bought a long time ago, but evey time I look at it, it's love all over again....

imageimage
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    I've never seen such a blast white coin before! I bet that one if fun to move around under lighting.
  • Options
    Very nice bustie, I wish I would have seen it first.

Gary
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll throw an 1812 into this very cool 1812 thread.
    Nice coins guys.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a busty is always a good thing image nice pick up

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file