Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Memorial Day tribute

littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭
I went to the Veterans' cemetery to visit the gravesites of my parents and brother. It was early morning, and I was overwhelmed as I watched the sun hit the thousands of flags that were put up by the gravemarkers. More importantly, I couldn't help thinking of the enourmous sacrifices made by these people and millions like them spanning all wars. Not just those who died in combat, but those who returned forever changed, some living the horrors they brought back with them for the rest of their lives. For the families who also shared in the sacrifice, and continue to do so.

Were it not for their sacrifices throughout the ages, we would not have that which we enjoy today.

I stand humbly with bowed head giving heartfelt prayers and thanks.

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.

Comments

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Well said LittleBear.

Ray
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    ..........isn't there something that's on virtually every U.S. coin you own , that is so powerful and prolific that by American law

a coin can not be minted without it ?

This Memorial Day we will remember all those who suffered or died to preserve our Liberty.........

Liberty , that's stamped on virtually every U.S. coin as well ; so important and so treasured

let us not loose sight of what Freedom means and who our coins remind us we trust
  • Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>let us not loose sight of what Freedom means and who our coins remind us we trust >>

Very true...........very true. It is so commonplace to take for granted that which we have been fortunate enough to have most of our lives.

How many non-collectors do you think know what is on every coin?

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file