Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

fellow 1956 proof set competitors

Watch out! I plan on moving into the top 20 real soon now.... like maybe in the next month or two. Not bad for a guy who hadn't upgraded his set in a loooong time. image

Comments

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I just have one myself.
  • Options
    Congrats back at ya! I'm not a huge fan of 70s but things change when it comes to birth year sets. image If I was born the same year as you I would attempt the set you achieved! There is no way I'm going to be #1 but I do expect to get solidly on the front page.
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I was born in 1949--no proof sets! But I have been toying with the idea of a 1949 Mint Set for a long time ... anyone had much experience with that one? I know there are lots of tough coins for the year, esp. the Frankies ...
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    You have some company. I don't know anyone who collects that exact year though. I also do the mint sets and am #2 for 1956: Carl's birth year mint set. I thought I could put together a front page, top 15 or something, proof set for not much more than it would cost me to upgrade my mint set to #1. image

Go for the '49!
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Since I was born in 1949--no proof sets! But I have been toying with the idea of a 1949 Mint Set for a long time ... anyone had much experience with that one? I know there are lots of tough coins for the year, esp. the Frankies ... >>

Finding a decent 49-S Frankie will be a challenge..

I've been looking for a decent raw one, maybe just MS64 and no bell lines, for over a year now
    and have yet to find one I liked! I'm picky tho.. I want it blast white, no toning, and lots 'n lots
    of cartwheel luster...

Just sayin'

• Options
    what do you consider decent? I have a couple of certed ones in NGC holdersimage