Sacagawea Dollar "Cheerios Dollar" - Time to Sell?
Options
SemperFI
Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
I still have my Cheerios Dollar and cent which I had graded by PCGS as MS67. I am wondering if I should sell it in the next couple of months or hold onto it. Could I still get $12,500+? Is there a buyer for that price or higher for this type of coin these days? How is the coin market these days? Are there buyers out there? Or are people holding onto their coins and buyers not really buying? My only debt is student loans which I would like to pay off.
Would like to sell off my proof silver as well while silver is still up.
Any info on this? Thanks
Would like to sell off my proof silver as well while silver is still up.
Any info on this? Thanks
0
Comments
-
Just from a Joe Schmoe collector point of view, I would hold on to it for as long as financially possible. I for one wish I was lucky to pick one off eBay from the very beginning for a pittance. But if you have other obligations that are more pressing, why not let one of the major auction firms handle the sale. IMHO this coin will always have a few buyers, maybe more than a few. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-0
-
The last raw (and still sealed - that means with a 10% chances of being the one with the normal reverse according to Capt Henway) sold on eBay for $5,725.
Cheerios
Don't think you are gonna make $12.5K.
The population is still small though, some more Cheerios dollars may come out in the next few year dropping the price.
If I were you and have found it in a box of cereals I would sell it!0 -
Ciccio, yeah I got a hit from ebay on that cheerio coin popping up. Who bought that coin anyway and did the person have it graded/certified?0
-
If Izzy Switt were alive today, he'd have 10 or so.0
-
So, sell it! A profit is always a profit and you may regret waiting too long!
Anyway, it is your call and whatever you decide, that will be right.
I don't know who bought it and didn't check if the population of the graded cheerios changed after the sale.
The feedback was positive and whomever paid that price was definitely knowing what he was buying.
Hence, the coin is now graded for sure. Don't know what grade though!
<< <i>If Izzy Switt were alive today, he'd have 10 or so. >>
0 -
Do you need the money? If the answer even slightly leans toward "yes," then sell it.
There's nothing wrong with making a profit, no matter how small.0 -
Unfortunately prices have dropped - the last MS67 Heritage sold brought about $4300.Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.0
-
PS - I'm hanging onto mine for the time being.Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.0
-
If you can turn $35 into 5,6,7k , over ten years or so, I'd sell. Just add the intrest on your student loan to the $35 and that is want the coin has coast you.
Cool coin though.
BrianNUMO0 -
I know it's not like a 1913 Nickel, a 1933 Saint , or a 1964 D Peace Dollar. But still, it could be.0
-
Ask your self one question: what are you going to do with the proceeds? Your answer to that question will help you make up your mind.0
-

I have an item that I payed $28 for In 1997 and today ,I think it's worth 5k or so. The cool part is I only have $28 into it
.
But then again,I'm not paying any intrest.
Your call.
BrianNUMO0 -
In my opinion it would be wise to hold onto any Cheerios Dollars you may have. A MS68 sold for $13K+ recently which is a small improvement from the $8k we saw awhile back. Personally I would hold onto it for awhile longer as a comeback in prices for these should coincide with a general improvement in the economy.
As the economy begins to rise again the speculative buying of (which seems to be the major driving factor behind these) Cheerios Dollars should improve.
So my advise is to hold on for awhile until you can get at the very least 5 figures for it.0 -
If you want money AND you got your coin either from a cereal box, flea market, pawn shop or garage sale, then just put it up since it'll be nearly all profit!I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.
The name is LEE!0 -
If it is worth 12.5K today, do you think its worth 20k in 10 yrs? If not, then that would be less than 5% per year return. Surely you can find something that would return better than 5% over the next 10 years.Excuses are tools of the ignorant
Knowledge is the enemy of fear
0
Leave a Comment
Categories
- All Categories
- 520.1K Coins and Currency - PCGS
- 328.6K U.S. Coin Forum
- 14.8K PCGS Set Registry Forum
- 5.2K Q & A Forum
- 41.4K World & Ancient Coins Forum
- 3K U.S. & World Currency Forum
- 96.4K Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
- 7.3K Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
- 1.5K Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
- 61 Random
- 246.2K Trading Cards, Autographs and Memorabilia - PSA
- 90.3K Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
- 1.7K Autographs Forum
- 16.4K PSA Set Registry Forum
- 22K Sports Talk
- 115K Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
- 663 Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
- 2.2K Stamps
- 1.5K Stamps Forum
- 670 Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
- 83 Coin Shows
- 83 General Coin Show Information and Discussion
- 11.9K Misc
- 11.9K Testing Forum




