Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I've dealt with Nate for several years now. He's probably spent $20,000 to $25,000 or so with me buying miscellanous stuff. He's a good guy. Known primarily in the autograph industry, not so much for sportscards. The best way to deal with Nate is email. I can honestly say I don't ever remember talking to him. If you talked to Laura Ynterna, I believe that's his fiancee. Nate pays good prices. However, I don't buy much from Nate as since he pays good prices, he has to sell for better prices. He started his autograph business as a teenager years ago and has made it into a succesful operation. I never have a problem reaching Nate, but then again, I use email, I don't insist on talking to him personally. If you are not happy in his customer service, just don't deal with him, but he's both a fair and trustworthy guy that I'd vouch for.

Take care,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭

Thanks for the information. My gripe is that in the real world many times a lot more can get accomplished with a two minute phone call than with 20 e-mails going back and forth. It reminds me when you call for customer service and the first thing they tell you (after they rattle off a sentences in spanish) is to go to their website.

If that is his business plan and he is successful than I need to look elsewhere.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the information. My gripe is that in the real world many times a lot more can get accomplished with a two minute phone call than with 20 e-mails going back and forth. It reminds me when you call for customer service and the first thing they tell you (after they rattle off a sentences in spanish) is to go to their website.

If that is his business plan and he is successful than I need to look elsewhere. >>

I hear ya, and that's a good point. Personally, I always prefer email for hobby transactions, it helps me keep better and more accurate records. I use my email as my primary filing cabinet!!

Take care,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Here is part of your problem.

"The item I wanted is a card that he bought on ebay a few weeks ago and I came in second so I know what he has in it."

If you made your +20% offer at the time of the auction you may have outbid the dealer buying the card for resale purposes.
    But what if your +20% offer wasn't able to win the auction and Mr. Sanders still was the winner of the card.
    Would your offer now be 20% over that.
    Knowing what he has into it, and thinking that any offer you make over that is giving him a token profit is wrong.
    Next time just outbid the dealer and you won't have to decide how much you'll allow him to make.

Emailing an offer gives the person time to think, check cost and prices, and reply professionally. Calling on the phone and demanding to negotiate right then and there on whatever card you throw at him will only get you a quick standard discount. Email is also handy for keeping a detailed record of exactly what was said by each person in regards to the terms of the offer. If he gives you a quick quote on the phone and you call 2 weeks later and the new price he quotes is higher then you'll be complaining about that.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I like email for those type of transactions. Then I can submit the offer, the other side can review my offer when they have time, then they can think about it, etc.... I am a lawyer and that's how most negotiations happen in my real life.
  • Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    This seller had many items close early this morning and at least 35 of the items in the auction (most all the high dollar items) were shill bid. I was bidding on the 65 PSA 10 leaders card and looked at the winning bidder's history and sure enough 35 bids were placed in the past 30 days all of which were placed on Nate Sanders auctions. The shill bidder must be very interested in both high end cards along with comic books and may have a special love for hollywood costumes.

He has tried to sell that leaders card in his auction for over a year now and I guess he shills his own auction house as it clearly states in his TOS.

Pretty sleazy.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    did a little study on this guy recently, too. moved on.

there is always room for a silver platter at the top, but it doesn't mean the rest of us should only be allowed to taste the drippings.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    When I first saw the title, thought you were talking about Ned Flanders.

Doh!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw..the thread that launched a thousand threads.

For me, the second funniest Simpsons clip of all time is the Ned Flanders Dating Video with his gigantic man unit airbrushed out. First funniest clip I am keeping to myself.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭
    Nate seems to be a "game player". I sold him a $1K + item that was shipped to him on March 16, 2010. It was shipped Express Mail, insured, with a required signature. The USPS website shows that it was signed for by N Nate Sanders, on March 17, 2010. The tracking info was entered into the item info on ebay and his email to me showed that he had the #.

Now 30 days later he is claiming that he doesn't have the item, that it must have been mis-delivered and fraudulently signed for too. He asked for the address that I mailed to, stating that his mailing address is a Mail Boxes etc., and Nate Sanders is not there. It was shipped to his CONFIRMED Paypal address.

Why in the world would anyone who is expecting a next day delivery and have the tracking # wait a full month to inquire about the item? I have a funny feeling it is going to be "found" when a Paypal-Ebay case is opened and I contact my Postmaster (more than helpful, very friendly) about this. I don't think the Postal Inspectors will think that his actions are very funny.
  • Options
    SmuggoSmuggo Posts: 425
    To many other places to spend your money, nothing here gives me much of a warm and fuzzy. Move on.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    Just a follow up. Nate Sanders now has at least one of his user names NARU'ed. Guess he tried the "I didn't get it" act too many times. NARU'ed
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    Nate Sanders-Total Scumbag
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When I first saw the title, thought you were talking about Ned Flanders.

Doh! >>

Stupid Flanders
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly, wasn't Nate Sanders the guy who was the high bidder on one of Felicia's auctions, and before he had paid for the item, he had it listed in his inventory?
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    He sounds like a wonderful seller.image
  • Options
    Another update on Nate Sanders. Seems he did in fact have the item that I sent. I just received an email that confirms that they have it, my Postmaster will love adding this to the investigation. Nothing like some proof of attempted mail fraud.

<< <i>We are not concerned about the item's authenticity, but we are submitting this item to MEARS for a client, and any background to the item you could provide would be helpful for our submission. The eBay item # was.......We purchased it approx. March 13th >>

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another update on Nate Sanders. Seems he did in fact have the item that I sent. I just received an email that confirms that they have it, my Postmaster will love adding this to the investigation. Nothing like some proof of attempted mail fraud.

<< <i>We are not concerned about the item's authenticity, but we are submitting this item to MEARS for a client, and any background to the item you could provide would be helpful for our submission. The eBay item # was.......We purchased it approx. March 13th >>

>>

LOL what a tool. So now that he has a client to make some money off of the item has magically reappeared and to make the most profit possible he is inquiring about additional details from you on it? WTF, who does that?

I am guessing then this is some sort of autographed item that is being inquired about? Glad I am a small time collector who will never being dealing with people like Mr. Ned Flanders here. image
  • Options
    No auto on it, it was a game worn item. MEARS writes letters for $$ and likes to hear warm fuzzy stories about how the item was obtained.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No auto on it, it was a game worn item. MEARS writes letters for $$ and likes to hear warm fuzzy stories about how the item was obtained. >>

You should tell them the background story on it was that it was obtained via an eBay auction with a little bit of attempted Mail Fraud to close out the transaction. That should make them warm and fuzzy. image