Home Stamps Forum

Sheet of Error $5 stamps NOW w/PICS & More Errors

Hello,

Quick question, My friend, Postmaster in my small town showed me a sheet of stamps that she saved a couple days ago b/c she thought it maybe worth something. Would this sheet be worth anything or should she just send it in to be destroyed with the rest of the old stock? She has hung onto it for a few years hoping to run into someone who knew if it would be worth anything. Thanks for any help, I can get pic of the actual sheet if needed. I doubt it has any value b/c its only a slight offset and such a high face value but I told her I would ask.
Its all relative

Comments

• If the shift is noticeable it would be of interest to someone who collects freaks, you should see if you can post a scan, devinitely don't let it be sent to be destroyed, jeez surely it could be sold for face value.
  • carscars Posts: 1,904
    Its very noticable, I will get a pic to post
    Its all relative
  • Ever get a photo of the sheet?
    No, Didn't seem as if anyone was around here. I'll get it tomorrow while at the PO.
    Its all relative
  • Oh we're around ...
    Maybe I should have said it seemed as if no-one was interested/cared image. I didn't go to the post office today but will get the pic next time I go, Sat or Mon.
    Thanks!
    Its all relative
  • I try to comment as much as possible to keep the board going if you look at the threads almost all of them have the last reply from me.
  • coverscovers Posts: 624
    message deleted
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • I see, The perfs are into the design but very little
    Its all relative
  • Someone would surely pay face value though (maybe a little more?)
    Finally here are the pics and pics of some other errors. Any idea on value if anything?
    This one is missing some ink:
    Same with this one:
    Its all relative

<< <i>message deleted >>

Why would you delete your message? It irritates me when ppl do that.

You said something to the effect of: "Probably not worth anything unless perfs go through middle of design" Just for the record image
    Its all relative
    Anyone out there?
    Its all relative
  • Given that the cost to purchase the 1 cent panes is only 20 cents each, if it were me, I'd buy them! The $5 sheet is the largest offset perf freak I've ever seen on that issue. I would think too that it would be worth at least face value.

PS - I think it's very cool that you have someone at the post office who will keep an eye out for this stuff for you.

Matt
  • And there are less errors on modern items (in general)
  • The thing I would be concerned about is the fact that there are six panes to each sheet. That's 120 stamps and I doubt the market would support that many that were not very far off normal. The Tiffany Lamps are a no brainer. Buy them. The panes come from the center column of panes and there may be 2 other panes out there and a max of 6 stamps per pane being affected, your still talking only 24 stamps for the plate.

Rolin

• << <i>The thing I would be concerned about is the fact that there are six panes to each sheet. That's 120 stamps and I doubt the market would support that many that were not very far off normal. The Tiffany Lamps are a no brainer. Buy them. The panes come from the center column of panes and there may be 2 other panes out there and a max of 6 stamps per pane being affected, your still talking only 24 stamps for the plate.

Rolin >>

Yes but who's to say the others weren't destroyed like these were going to be? I'm going to see if I can buy them if they are going to be destroyed, I can always use them to send priority mail flat rate envelopes.
    Its all relative
  • I think they're all worth holding onto for a bit.