Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Is "STAT Authentic" a reliable auto/sig/authentication Service? (i.e., DiMaggio/Mantle/Wil

There's an interesting item available to me, but I'm wondering about a few things:

1. Just who's STAT Authentic? Are they legit? Or is STAT Authentic the "GEM/PRO" of signature authentication?
2. Check-out the sigs on the scan below. Do all three sigs just look "too perfect, or what"?
3. Why would an item like this not be already authenticated by PSA/DNA?
4. What do you think? Opinions anyone?

rd

Comments

• scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are the authenticators used by Coach's Corner - need I say any more?

Just in case, for more emphasis....

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The item is fake.As far as stat goes,the fact there coa is on the a forged item should say enough.I think they are the ones that do Coach's Corner's authentication.
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

That's what I figured (notice the cert # on the hologram, does not even match STAT's certificate # (but might be just a "stock photo").

rd

P.S. My experience with the likes of Mickey Mantle & Ted Williams sigs are limited to PSA/DNA slabbed Perez Steele. And other than a nice set of "Star Trek Auto cards", that's it with my autograph experience!

But when I see an item like this LINK TO PROPERTYROOM.COM AUCTION

...With a bid of $184, with just a few hours to go? Well, you know! image
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    STAT Authentic and Christopher Morales are the new "authenticators" of choice for autograph forgers.

Here's a very funny story where Ted Taylor (head of STAT) tried to make excuses for why the Harmon Killebrew signature on a 500 HR club ball looked bad. Mr. Killebrew set the record straight.

I'd call STAT the GEM of authenticating. They're in bed with the forgers.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They're in bed with the forgers.

Nick >>

hope they wear protection cause forged babies are no good either

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are the authenticators used by Coach's Corner - need I say any more?

Just in case, for more emphasis....

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

That's what she said.

But seriously, I wouldn't touch their stuff even if it was free.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    But seriously, I wouldn't touch their stuff even if it was free. >>

For free, I'd take their signed baseballs. They're still good for playing fetch with a dog.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • No, those signatures don't look too perfect. But.. they are forgeries. Not even very good forgeries at that.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭
    I concur....................Run Forrest Run
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Here is an Ali forgery authenticated by them

and here is a link to a closed ebay auction with the same type of forgery also authenticated by them.

forgery sold for $150
  • Pre72Pre72 Posts: 217
    I can see why this seller has a BIN for $90 on this Mantle 4x6 authenticated by you guessed it STAT

link

Always looking for Vintage Yankees & NASCAR

Eric
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I can see why this seller has a BIN for $90 on this Mantle 4x6 authenticated by you guessed it STAT

link >>

Just sent the seller an email asking if he would guarantee that the sig passes PSA/DNA and also stated that I am sure he is aware that STAT has authenticated a lot of forgeries. IF I get a response I will let you guys know.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Nice work with the placement of the hologram STAT. It really adds to the piece, not that it is real.
  • It looks like "Mickey Mantle" signed around the hologram in that 4x6. Unbelievable.
    Here is the response I received from the ebay seller of THE MICK:

I appreciate the info, however, I am not aware of any stat forgeries, I can not grarantee anything, however, if if does not pass, I will be more than happy to give you back a complete refund no questions ask, thanks again

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Pre72Pre72 Posts: 217
    Well , it seems like he has a decent reputation as a seller , but he has to know the "Mantle" 4x6 is fake or the BIN would be $289 instead of $89

Always looking for Vintage Yankees & NASCAR

Eric

<< <i>Well , it seems like he has a decent reputation as a seller , but he has to know the "Mantle" 4x6 is fake or the BIN would be $289 instead of $89 >>

B-I-N-G-O
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug