Much shorter Link
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options

<< <i>Much shorter Link >>

Thanks! How do I accomplish this myself?:

By the way, I just love how carefully, this national treasure is handled!!! image

Gary
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    mudskippiemudskippie Posts: 540 ✭✭
    I wonder how much is the insertion fee?
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    What are the odds that it's counterfeit?
  • Options

<< <i>What are the odds that it's counterfeit? >>

It's certainly real and certainly not worth ANYWHERE near that amount. A TRUE Unc, maybe 5K!

Gary

Gary
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Gary,

This eBay page allows you to retrieve by item number.

To post the link, use the http button above the text box (5th button from the left) in the Replying to Thread page. It's a simple copy and paste of the link address followed by the text you wish to use. Just make sure you replace the http:// put at the start of the popup box or else your link will not work. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    I would say that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I did find it ingenious that she marketed the coin this way as opposed to the "common" coin collector. Is it worth $99,000, not to me but who knows there may be someone out there that really wants that coin. I would suggest that she not take pictures of her fingers all over the coin.... For $99,000 I would expect that owner to handle the coin with gloves.... Just me...
    Todd
  • Options
    For $99,000 I would also expect the seller to not be so anal about shipping and insurance cost either.

Oh sorry, I can't ship it to you, since I am short $10.62 to cover insurance. Yeah right!

And I can do without the nauseating "history" lesson. Her listing is marketed squarely at rubes (those who may have recently won a state lottery)who really believe this is a $99,000 museum piece.

By the way, I can fill in on part of the "history" of that coin that she can't seem to remember, and that is... it (at least once) circulated between her slimy fingers.
  • Options
    strange auction. talk about arbitrary pricing. image
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it didn't have those several tiny rim nicks, I might dip into my petty cash drawer and offer her $98,500 for it. But since it does, I'd only go $98,250, tops!! But $99,000? No way! image

It would be interesting to know how much those six (declined) offers were.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    I just offered her $100.00...
  • Options
    "We're sorry, but easygoing2005 has declined your Best Offer for US $100.00.

You still have time to make another offer. The listing ends in 4 days 7 hours ."
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice lookin' 8R, despite the totally laughable price.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>That's a nice lookin' 8R, despite the totally laughable price. >>

No doubt about it Rob, but she has NO idea as to the value or is just looking for some unsuspecting schmuck to offer her $20,000 or some other ridiculous offer. Check out CRO's 1776 in AU58 for $1675. If the coin is original and a true UNC, I suspect it is worth +/- $5000.00

Gary

Gary
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> If the coin is original and a true UNC, I suspect it is worth +/- $5000.00 >>

That was more than I thought.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Depending on how original it is and whether it grades 61, 62 or 63 can actually make that much of a difference although my 5K might be a tad bit high, but not by much.

Gary

Gary
  • Options
    Link >>

BIN now only $49,000!!! How low will she go...

Gary

Gary
  • Options
    I see that she is still "Calling all museums and private historical collectors". Excuse me while I puke.image
  • Options
    RickeRicke Posts: 677
    Likely wouldn't grade. The way the light hits it makes me think it's been polished, which I would wager is more evident in hand. Still nice, though. Pretty attractive, really. If I had to guess value, I'd say the seller is off about 2 decimal places, currently, but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825

<< <i>Likely wouldn't grade. The way the light hits it makes me think it's been polished, which I would wager is more evident in hand. Still nice, though. Pretty attractive, really. If I had to guess value, I'd say the seller is off about 2 decimal places, currently, but that's just my opinion. >>

That was my first impression too. Besides, it's not even got the Mo thing going for it... image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Likely wouldn't grade. The way the light hits it makes me think it's been polished, which I would wager is more evident in hand. Still nice, though. Pretty attractive, really. If I had to guess value, I'd say the seller is off about 2 decimal places, currently, but that's just my opinion. >>

That was my first impression too. Besides, it's not even got the Mo thing going for it... image >>

When it comes to Mo, I just say No. When it comes to PTS, I say yes I must confess!

Gary

Gary