Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1970 & later Baseball HOF RCs collection

As I have noted a few times I collect 1970 and up PSA 9 HOF RCs from baseball, football, basketball and hockey. I recently completed my baseball HOF RC run! Very excited to finally knock one of the sports off my list. My next closest to completion is football where I have 53 PSA 9 HOF RCs but am missing the big three (Bradshaw, Greene and Staubach). Hockey is by far the most challenging, 1970s OPC HOF RCs in PSA 9 almost never come up on for sale.

Robb

Edited 9/11/2010 to add 1975 minis and 1977 Dawson

Comments

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Very pretty cards to look at. Nice job.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Great collection. When money allows I too plan on doing the same as you (but just Hockey and Baseball and I would love to try to add the 60s HOFers too).

congrats!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Great collection. Out of curiosity, why 1970-pres? Were you born in the late 70's (like me) and wanted to limit it to guys you saw play? Was it a cost thing? Do you anticipate starting to go backwards from 70 when you finish? More details needed!!!

...nice cards image
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Great cards, I am building the Post War HOFer's Set and would love to have a couple of those cards. Congrats.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice collection. I didn't notice any 1975 minis.
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭
    I chose the 1970-pres because those were the players I saw growing up. I have considered doing the 60s but I wanted an achievable goal (I started this project many years ago and when I was making considerably less than I do now). When I start having trouble finding football, basketball & hockey cards I need for my collection I will probably expand into the 60s. Hopefully that won't be for a while yet.

Robb
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Great cards so far, best of luck the rest of the way.
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Very nice Ozzie RC and I love the Ripken RC

Some could be 10s ....
    Picked up the 75 minis I needed to complete my 1970 and later PSA 9 Baseball HOF RC collection.

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Eck!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Nice Ozzie. Dig the centering
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff!! Were you able to pull any of those 9's from any of the packs you opened?
    I believe the 80 Henderson, 82 Ripken Topps, and all three 83 HOFer were cards I pulled.
    I purchased several boxes of 75 Topps minis and never pulled a single HOF RC that came back a 9.

Robb