Home Sports Talk
Options

David Ortiz says "not me"

David Ortiz says he worked out with controversial trainer Angel Presinal in the Dominican Republic, but the Red Sox slugger never saw anyone use performance-enhancing drugs there.

"All I know is that we all worked with him as a group of guys that wanted to be ready in spring training and that's about it," Ortiz said. "He's one of the guys that trained everybody."

Ortiz said the facility is not owned by Presinal and he's not worried his name will be linked with others accused of steroid use. He urged major leaguers to be cautious in their relationships.

"You are the owner of your own decisions," he said. "It's sad that's he's involved in things like this but you have to be careful."

Presinal has been barred from major league clubhouses. The Daily News in New York reported Friday that Presinal was the trainer who worked directly with Alex Rodriguez during the time the Yankees superstar admitted to using banned drugs.

Comments

• Options
    Sure David, we believe you image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sox fan here...

I would like to see the other 103 names on that list. Ortiz somehow resurrected his career, hmmm.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously hope Papi is being honest because all this anit-steroid talk from him would be a devastating blow to his character and fun loving style that Sox fans have become accustomed to. Personally I will cautiously say that I will give him the benefit of doubt but if he was keeping quiet I would say there was no question he did them.

Hopefully he is clean.
  • Options
    If he is stupid enough to have a positive test after his rantings; they should string him up and then kick him to the curb.
  • Options
    They say the resurrection of Papi's career came when Papa Jack taught him how to handle the inside pitches.

Now come on, who can't pepper that left field wall at Fenway. If Wade Boggs could do it, then Papi doesn't need steroids to do it.
    Also, skinny Ted Williams used to hit moon shots into the right field seats at Fenway, so big Papi hitting shots isn't that convincing to me.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    what happens in the Dominican stays in the Dominican.
  • Options
    Big Popeye eats spinach, only spinach.
  • Options

<< <i>Big Popeye eats spinach, only spinach. >>

I'm not sure that is the green they are growing down there. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>Sure David, we believe you image >>

do you think everyone is on steroids dude?

PUJOLS BTW, NEVER HIT 50 HR!!!!!! if he were taking roids, he would have hit 80!!!!!
  • Options
    Actually, the vast majority were on PED's.

No, Pujols never hit 50 HR. He simply went from being a non prospect, got a body overhaul, and became a MLB star. That jump in ability is FAR greater than even Brady Anderson's jump from a career high 21 HR to 50HR.

I am glad to see your blind faith at work...I am just glad you never met Jim Jones and drank HIS Kool-Aid.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    there are no roids left, bonds did em all, he went from barney fife to the incredible hulkimage
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    We need to see the other 103 names.

That's roughly the equivalent of 4 entire teams.
    Capecards
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We need to see the other 103 names.

That's roughly the equivalent of 4 entire teams. >>

you are correct. Of course, Don Fehr (MLBPA) says the problem has been eradicated and the remaining names represent only 5% of the population. Mr. Fehr uses statistics to the MLBPA's benefit, not surprisingly. No doubt he is including many minor leaguers in his 5% BS
  • Options
    Hmmm....I seem to recall Ortiz saying a little while back something like, "You can never be sure what they put in milkshakes down there" almost as if he was preemptively setting up an alibi.