Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Latest "find"

it was in the wrong category, and had no mention of autograph in the title.

1939 PlayBall Frank Hayes

he was a multiple All-Star, and he died in 1955 so not a lot of signed cards out there.
Quality Autographs (where UD gets theirs) has a 1940 PlayBall signed for $250

mine.. got it for a whole $.99 yep, 99 cents

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Awesome! Want to double your money? image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome! Want to double your money? image

Chris >>

i am sending it to PSA/DNA.. then i will two-hundred-tuple my money. i hope to turn it into some 1948 Bowman's needed for my set.
  • Options
    Nice pickup ya thief image
  • Options
    But you paid alot for shipping ($5) lol

Congrats !
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I would definately wait to neg the guy for his shipping. I mean you only made 200 bucks off the deal.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    then i will two-hundred-tuple my money

The correct term is Two-hundrediple.
  • Options

<< <i>then i will two-hundred-tuple my money

The correct term is Two-hundrediple. >>

noted - image
  • Options
    well, i sent it to PSA/DNA (thanks slantycouch) and it came back authentic.. some hilights of Frank Hayes

born October 13, 1914
    died June 22, 1955

Hayes was a highly-regarded defensive catcher and a five-time All-Star. He led the AL three times in total chances per game, twice each in fielding, putouts, double plays, and errors, and once in assists. His 29 double plays in 1945 is the second-highest total ever for a catcher. When he caught 155 games in 1944, he set a still-standing AL record.

He failed in his first trial in the majors, batting just .226 in 1934, but he came back up in 1936 to spend six seasons as the Athletics' primary catcher. His best offensive season was 1939, when he hit .283 and had career highs of 20 HR and 83 RBI; he hit a career-high .308 in 1940 (with 61 walks in 465 at-bats). On July 25, 1936 he tied the major league record with four doubles in a game. (WOR)

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I collect vintage football cards and it's tough to image that the autograph of a player who died in 1955 is only worth $250. If you found a person who is collecting the 1939 PlayBall set signed, then you may turn that purchase into a windfall.

Who was the seller?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Nice card, nice auto. Should look good in a holder.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    AWESOME find. Glad to hear that it came back AUTHENTIC! Hope you make a LARGE profit and get some of those '48s that you need.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    sweet deal
  • Options
    Now that your secret Santa gift is finally back from PSA, you can get it mailed off.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now that your secret Santa gift is finally back from PSA, you can get it mailed off. >>

Wow, that's a generous gift. I'm sure his giftee will be very happy.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, that's a generous gift. I'm sure his giftee will be very happy. >>

• Options
    I think he'll be happy just to finally get something.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Brian,

Nice pickup. There is a guy on the sportscollectors.net forum that collects signed 39 Playballs, so you might PM him over there and see what kinda offer he'll give you. His username is wlf3

Take care,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think he'll be happy just to finally get something. >>

He sure will.
  • Options

<< <i>

He sure will. >>

you guys are brutal. but i do deserve it.. i am in contact with my secret santa.. all is taken care of.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

He sure will. >>

you guys are brutal. but i do deserve it.. i am in contact with my secret santa.. all is taken care of. >>

You took that a lot better than I thought you were going to. image
  • Options

<< <i>Brian,

Nice pickup. There is a guy on the sportscollectors.net forum that collects signed 39 Playballs, so you might PM him over there and see what kinda offer he'll give you. His username is wlf3

Take care,

Mike >>

Mike,

thanks for the info.. i do not have access to their message boards.. would you be ablet o get his email fro me or give him mine - bcrott@msophs.com'

Thanks
  • Options
    If you sell it, can you donate $100 to me? I'm out of beer.
  • Options

<< <i>If you sell it, can you donate $100 to me? I'm out of beer. >>

no can hear.. got been in my ear
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    nice pick up

congrats,
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started