Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Set Question

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
Excuse me for being completely ignorant about this, but are only PCGS-graded coins allowed in the Registry, or do raw coins and/or NGC-graded coins allowed as "fillers" in a Registry set?

Just asking.
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    yeah only pcgs graded coins are allowed in pcgs set registry
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    I thought some of the older, rare sets had NGC coins but they didn't count for points.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    The only non-PCGS coins in the PCGS Registry are the "estimated" sets for Eliasberg and other great collectors/collections, which were never slabbed. If you want to use PCGS and NGC coins, you have to use the NGC Registry.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,474 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought some of the older, rare sets had NGC coins but they didn't count for points. >>

Some folks do have pictures of NGC coins in place of their PCGS coins in the registry but then the picture posted does not even have to be of a coin! I'm sure you'd get called to the carpet if you put photo's of your favortie Super Models or sports cars or whatever's in place of your coins but really, what would the point be?

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    You can only put PCGS coins in a PCGS registry set; if you go to NGC you can list both PCGS and NGC in your registry set there.