Home U.S. Coin Forum

What If ............................. US Mint ............ changed ...... ( poop ) .......

FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
Sorry Poop got nothin to do with this post, but I just noticed that poop has taken over lately. image

Ok, this is really about Platinum ... everyone favorite metal. image Alright, here it is ... what if the US Mint decided to go with the OWL & EAGLE design they had originally planned on using for 2008? I'm talking they immediately halt the current Nazi Eagle reverse and just change in mid-stream to the OWL design - giving us 2 distinct reverses for 2008. Would anyone want to buy the Owl reverse in spite of the sky-high cost of Platinum Coinage?

Keep in mind that Plat sales appear to be D e AD at the current time. Maybe the Mint would like to see sales pick up a bit. Maybe they will see any responces here and heed the call.

Wouldn't that be great? The Owl reverse everyone was waiting for?

imageimageimage

Comments

• DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    i'm all for poop, long live poop!

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Poop the nazi eagle out, and bring in the Turkey (thank you Ben Franklin)
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure! I would! I could just sell my house and store my Plats in the trunk of my car from now on...............image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Today's threads have excrementally raised the bar on what is off topic!

It something that must be rectified.

I'm sure it will all come out fine in the end.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be a buyer, especially if Edmond would just bump the price up for a 1 ozer by another grand or two. Let's get rid of those frivolous buyers!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    At these prices I am not buying any platinum. I love most of the designs but still not buying.
  • TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the designs on the platinum coins this year, but I already have my W unc & proof coin for my collection so I would say go ahead and change them.....

But that would give me more platinum coins to purchase this year which would be pricey.....
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    Bring on the OWL!!! image
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    A thought just occured to me - I know, look out, run for cover. Anyway, the Mint surely has plans to use the Owl sometime in the future. Hopefully when Platinum is $3,000/oz - hoping like hill Plat doesn't crash to $900.00.

Anyway if Platinum DOES recover and the Mint DOES use the Owl - we could have a rarity in line with the Pan-Pac 50's. Wouldn't that be cool?
  • Sure, I'd by an owl-eagle plat. I'd probably get in trouble because I just got the credit card balance down to zero...
    EAC member since 2011, one third of the way through my 1793 large cent type set
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>i'm all for poop, long live poop! >>

Im with Doogy

All hail poop!

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Another thought. Hey I'm on lay-off this week - got a lot of free time.image Anyway, if the Mint ends up dropping prices on the '08 Plats - wouldn't it be cool if they put some sort of mark on the cheaper coins? The Owl reverse would be right on time but even a star or something would do. That way, the early birds wouldn't be so burned by having bought at the higher price.

It would be a nice gesture anyway. And we all know that the US Mint is our compassionate friend - right? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file